Chapter 8

Hey guys. I know it’s been really long since I last updated considering my regular visits to wattpad. I have two reasons. One, there was a problem with my laptop and the only electronic device I could use was my phone. Two, I had shit called exams. But after one whole day of constant typing, I came up with this chapter. I hope you all will like it  =D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“You look so grumpy in the picture,” Ben commented.

I let out a frustrated groan before grabbing the photograph from him.

“Why can’t you act normal for once?”

After finding who was on the picture, I had reached home panting from loss of breath. Yes, I ran for my life. I came in and locked myself in my room and once I was secure, I called Ben.

I kept looking at the picture as I waited for Ben to return from the grocery store. As my eyes stayed focused on the photo, I found that even though it looked like me, it wasn’t me. I never, and I repeat, never give a grumpy pose for any photo. And the black jacket I was wearing in the picture didn’t belong to me nor have I ever seen it before.

“I’m your bff, I can’t,” he grinned and that earned him another death glare from me.

“Ben, focus. I might get murdered or kidnapped!”

“Don’t worry. No one will try to kidnap such a crazy chick.”

I gave him a hard slap on the shoulder for teasing me and not being serious. He laughed before bringing on his serious face.

“I’ll make sure no one even touches my bitch. I’d never let anyone harm you and you know that,” he told me.

I smiled widely and gave him a quick hug, before turning my attention back to the photograph in my hand. I don’t mind him calling me ‘his bitch’ as we are very much used to abusing each other.

“But Ben, I don’t think this is even me. I’ve never seen that jacket in my life and you know how I pose for photos”

“Yeah, but maybe its photoshopped,” he shrugged.

“Maybe I have a lookalike or maybe she’s alive…..” I trailed off.

“Veda, we both know those scenarios are impossible, so forget it. I’ll always stick around you and make sure you are safe, okay?”

I nodded, but my mind was still on the possibility that she was somewhere…..alive.

“Okay, you gotta shelter all the grocery purchased, so get your ass down there.” Ben reminded me as he pointed towards the door.

I sighed as I got up. Since Trudy won’t be home most of the time, Ben and I had decided to share the house work. He got the grocery and it was now my job to stack them in the pantry.

Once I was finished with the pantry I helped Ben to set the table. He had made some yummy steak while I was busy putting away all the grocery in the pantry. The door bell rang at the exact moment we finished laying the table. Trudy was right on time for dinner.

“Hmm…it tastes so good,” I moaned as I devoured my second serving.

“Thanks to me. That’s the art of these very hands,” Ben boasted.