Thirteen

"Pan, where's Mother?" Two little Lost Boys, Arthur and Twine, ran up to Peter the second he was back outside.

Multiple other Lost Boys ran up to him as well, mainly the younger ones. There weren't many younger ones, about seven of them. But they all crowded Peter. All asking him what happened to their 'Mother'.

"Boys, settle down," Peter tried to keep his voice calm, but it came out rough "She's resting. We must leave her alone so she can get better."

"But I want Mother," Twine whined, lightly tugging on Peter's shirt.

The older Lost Boys, came over to pick up the little ones. They all knew how Peter got when the younger boys were whiny and annoying. He'd get angry and scary, and the little ones hated that. They just couldn't help their toddler tendencies sometimes.

"We need to let the girl rest. She's been severely injured by those blasted mermaids," Peter hissed. He hated the mermaids and wished they would leave and never come back. But he didn't have such a power to do so when it came to them.

Gardenia on the other hand, fell into a deep slumber. It took her some time, however, the pain being unbearable. It felt as though parts of her were on fire, the burning sensation never seeming to leave. But a few minutes after Peter applied the medicine, everything started to cool down. The burning sensation left her body slowly, and sleep took over.

A dream popped into her mind as she slept. Her dream of having her parents and siblings back. When Gardenia was truly happy; when she had a normal family. It was the same dream she always had: Her parents, older sister and older brother all in the house. They're all doing something together like a regular family. Laughter and music filling the room. Bickering, chattering, the typical family playing a board game.

Though as quickly as it was happy, it turned sour. The dream transformed into a nightmare. There's petrified screaming, shaking of the house. The sound of glass breaking and sudden smoke filling the room. Then it ends. Mainly because it snaps Gardenia wide awake.