🎶Seventeen🎶

23 Years Later

The Beatles' breakup was something she'd rather forget. Since meeting George that one year in Hawaii, she'd become obsessed with that band, but then they're broken up and went their own ways. She loved all their new songs, but she always loved George's the most. They were meaningful and thoughtful. Lovie sometimes wished she'd never met him because every time she saw a picture of him, she remembered what had happened between them.

      She wasn't really sure if she liked George's new album, Cloud Nine, because he was kind of taking a pop approach. She had all of his albums and listened to them all the time.

      Lovie was sitting in a coffee shop, reading a good book, drinking her coffee, and trying not to feel bad for herself. She was in her forties, wasn't married, didn't have a boyfriend, and hadn't dated anyone since . . . ever. She got lonely sometimes, sure, but she was fine. Whenever she got too sad, she'd play her ukulele and feel a little better about herself.

      She heard some laughter coming from another table just a few feet away. She peered over her book and saw a good-looking man with a neatly trimmed beard, a mullet, and the most beautiful chocolate brown eyes she'd ever seen- it was George. Her breath hitched and her heartbeat raced.

      He was sitting with a pretty Hispanic woman who was his wife, Olivia. Lovie remembered when they'd gotten married. And they had a son. Dhani. Where was he? Lovie didn't see him anywhere. She sat there for a few moments, watching them laugh together and stare at each with deep affection. Lovie wished someone would look at her the way George was looking at Olivia.

      She decided she didn't want George to see her, in case he recognized her, so she stood up from the table and walked out of the coffee shop.