🎶Eighteen🎶

14 Years Later

    "Beatle George Harrison lost his battle to lung cancer yesterday at the age of fifty-eight," the blond news anchor said.

      Lovie lost her grip on a plate and it struck the floor, shattering. She turned to the TV and saw that they were putting up pictures of George and telling about his life. She started sobbing as if she'd lost a beloved relative. She got on her hands and knees and started to sweep up the plate's pieces, tearing staining her cheeks. She couldn't believe he was gone. She'd loved him almost all her life, and he was gone. She stood up and threw the broken glass away.

      Lovie went to the couch, curled up in a ball, and started crying into a pillow. She kept thinking of his gorgeous brown eyes. The eyes that had seemed so kind. She wondered if he'd remembered her. Had he thought of her often? Or was she just another one of those girls that he'd forgotten about?

      She put All Things Must Pass on her record player and sat on the floor next to it, listening to George's soothing voice somberly.

      She'd always thought it was interesting how the Beatles had had so many fictional song characters and she'd often wondered which one she identified with the most, but she'd never been able to think of the answer. Now that she was in her late fifties, unmarried, alone, and dwelling on the past, she realized that she was like Eleanor Rigby.

Author's Note:
Thank you so much for reading and for all the wonderful comments!!! This story was so fun to write, and I'm sorry if it was a little sad. You guys helped me along writing this and all of your support was very much appreciated. :)