🕊 t w e n t y 🕊

Emma's P.O.V

"Is this how you guys are gonna feel when I leave?"

The boys and Logan looked down sadly. Jack was plain confused.
"What?" He breathed.
I opened my mouth to say something, to try and lie, come up with an excuse, to even try and say something yet nothing came out.

"Emma?" He asked, I squeezed my eyes shut, knowing I can't keep this up.
"I..." I gulped nervously. "A month or more ago, I was...I was diagnosed with lung cancer" I say, not bearing to meet his gaze. I looked up, tears were glazing his eyes until they began rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry" I whispered through silent tears, my voice barely audible.
The boys and Logan had left, giving us some space and time to talk.
He wasn't able to speak, instead, he embraced me in a warm hug. I missed it so much. I'm going to miss it. I'm gonna miss him so much, his soft touch, angelic voice, perfect face, imperfect personality yet perfect for me. It's no doubt I still love him. But I can't love him. I'm nothing but destruction.

"I'm so sorry, I love you so much, I'm never gonna let you go ever again" he whispered. I pulled away unwillingly.
"You can't. You have to stay away" I say, not looking into his eyes because I know I'm going to get drawn in.
"What? No. I'm never letting you go again. Believe me, I tried. I love you too much" he said helplessly.

"Well, you can't Jack, I'm a ticking time bomb, and when I explode, I'm gonna ruin everything and everyone who's attached to me, and I never want that to happen" I say softly.
"No." He said adamantly, "I'm staying by your side whether you like it or not" he insisted.
"I'm a grenade Jack" I say softly, looking into his eyes.

"I love you and I know you love me too so say it" he said softly, inching closer till our noses were brushing. I squeezed my eyes shut.
"I can't" my voice was inaudible.
"Why not?" He whispered. Our lips were almost brushing against each other. I could feel his hot breath on me.
"Because, it's gonna make you wanna stay" I whisper before tearing apart and walking back to the car, wiping my tears.

-

I wake up the next day coughing up extreme amounts of blood like normal. I don't even bother to look at the sink as I wash it down.

Outfit:

I brush my hair and don't bother with makeup

I brush my hair and don't bother with makeup. I get in the car and drive to the hospital.

-

I just finished a bunch of MRI scans and a surgery and I change out of my hospital gown and into my normal clothes again. Just then, the doctor enters with a sympathetic look in her face.
"Emma, take a seat" she says as I nod and sit down.
"What's wrong Sadie?" I ask confused.

"Honey, I don't know how to put this lightly. As you know, you have an extremely rare case where your cancer cells are multiplying extremely fast, invading your body. There's nothing more we can do. You don't have much time left at all..." she trails of softly.

I gulp back the quiver at the back of my throat.
"Just make the most of it sweetie, you will be missed" she said, tears glazing her eyes as we had gotten extremely close, after all, she is my doctor. I engulfed her in a warm hug.
"Thank you for everything" I whisper, pulling apart.

"You're an amazing girl Emma. A bundle of light and joy. I'm just gonna say it, cancer is a real bitch" she said as we both lightly laughed and I hugged her one last time before departing.
I drive back home thinking about how on earth I'm gonna explain this to the rest.

No.

I need to do this the right way. I call everyone to come over: the why don't we boys, Logan, Jake, team 10, Alissa, Banks, Mark and George.
We all sat huddled up in Logan's apartment.
"Um, I need to tell you guys first before I address it to the world." I start, they all had confusion and concern plastered all over their faces.

I explain everything from when I was diagnosed to the hospital to Alli to now.
They all had tears running down their faces and then proceeded to pull me into a group hug.
"I'm gonna miss all you idiots" I said, lightly laughing as did they.

After a while of saying goodbyes, they had left and I made a YouTube video explaining everything, saying my final goodbyes to the world. As I finished recording, I broke out into tears and I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. Jack.
"It's okay" he soothed with me in his arms.
"No. It's not Okay Jack. It's not okay. Promise me something. When I leave you have to move on. Stay away from every thought of me" I say yet he remains silent through his tears.

"I can't promise you that. When are you going to understand I love you too much" he says. I try to stop crying before I have another breathing attack.
I traced his jawline with my finger, looking into his captivating eyes. I observed every feature, the ones I'm so fond of. The ones I love.

"I'm bad for you Jack. You have to understand that" I whispered. I didn't wanna let go, but I knew I had to. I would have to let go either way, I just don't wanna see him get hurt.
"I don't care" he replied and I detached myself from him. I squeezed my eyes shut and turned away from him,
"Please leave Jack" I whispered.

"Em-"
"Please" I interrupted. I could hear him hesitantly shuffling and walking out of the room.
I sat but the window and watched as the moon shone and the stars glimmered, sound seemed to fade away at the sight of the beautiful scenery. It's funny how much people can take for granted, and how much they realised they missed out on. What if people found out when they'd die? Would they live differently? I look back up at the sea of stars on the dark night canvas,

Maybe I'll join them someday.