Still Breathing

Michael's POV;

Franklin puts Lester on speaker phone, his voice sounded very panicked.

"Who is this? Stop calling this number!" He demanded.

"Hey, it's me, dog." Franklin greets,re-assuring him that he was no immediate threat.

"Hey! You're alive! I thought someone might a have taken your phone." He exclaims, his voice hinted with relief.

"No, no. I got you on speakerphone." Franklin explained.

"Oh. Did Mike make it?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm here." I respond.

"And the other one?" He asked, not bothering to say Trevor's full name.

"I'll have you put in the ground wheels!" Trevor snapped. I laughed, putting an arm around Trevor's waist. Trevor looked down at me, flinching before gently pushed my arm back to my side. I looked over at Franklin's phone.

"Uh-hum. Just calling for a chat?" He questioned.

"No, we got work to do. Can you get us some whereabouts?" I replied.

"Well, I'll do my best. Who?" Lester asked. I began to list all of the names of people we had unfinished business with. Lester was able to quickly find the whereabouts of all of them in a matter of minutes. The three of us began to pick who we would be taking care of.

"I'll take Stretch." I said, running over to my car to drive in the direction of the B.J. Recreation Centre.

• • •

I pulled out my sniper rifle, aiming right at Stretch. I pulled the trigger and got back into my car, driving as quickly as I possibly could. I could hear their frightened screeches as I drove away, trying to escape the Ballas. I made a few sharp turns, escaping onto a four lane road. I called Frank and T, letting them know that Stretch was no longer our problem.

"I'm going to pick up Devin Weston, but don't worry, I'll have fun without you guys." Trevor snickered through the earpiece.

"Baby?" I called out.

"Whadya want, Sugar Tits?" Trevor asked, his voice hinted with anger.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologized.

"About?" He questioned.

"Everything. Can you forgive me for being an asshole?" I begged.

"Of course, M. I was the one who started it, so you can't be the one taking full responsibility-"

"No, it's all me, T. I should learn to not be so serious all of the time-"

"I know you two's sweet talkin' each other, but I'm still right here." Franklin teased. I scoffed, saying goodbye. I began to drive around the city, waiting for Trevor to tell us where to meet up with him.

• • •

I began to hear talking through the earpiece, so I began to join in the conversation. Trevor told us to meet him at some sort of cliff off the highway. I began to drive in that direction. In a matter of minutes, I had spotted Trevor sitting on top of a sleek, black car. I pulled my car into the large flat area. Trevor got off the car, rushing up to me. We hugged, and I lifted him off the ground. I would call him fat, or obese, but I didn't want to ruin the mood.

"I'm sorry, baby." We both murmured, not quite in sync, but it was still cute. Our apologies were followed by playful giggles. I stood by his side, lighting a cigarette. Trevor didn't protest, seeing as we had yelled at each other enough today. I went to breath in, but I began to cough uncontrollably. I groaned, tossing all of the redwoods into the water. We both looked over our shoulders to see Franklin on his motorcycle.

"Franklin." I greeted.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"I assume you got 'em." I told Trevor as he began to open the trunk of the vehicle.

"Safe and sound! Ain't that right, buddy?" He asked Devin, who was stripped down to his underwear and tired up with duck tape. He screamed, but his calls for help were muffled by the duck tape over his mouth.

"Hey, my bad, homie," Franklin chimed in, "I picked C. Ain't that a bitch?"

"You know Devin, the way I see it, and hey, I'm no intelligent business man like you. But the way I see it, there's two great devils that bedevil American capitalism of the type that you practice. Number one is outsourcing. You paid a private company to do your dirty work for ya, and then you underpaid that company because you thought you were big enough and bad enough that you didn't have to play by the rules. Oh, number two. Offshoring your profits." I explained.

"Offshore?" Trevor spoke up.

"Oh, it's horrible. You wouldn't want to be sent offshore just to make a little money would you, T?" I asked.

"Oh, no, I wouldn't." He replied.

"Franklin?" I questioned.

"Oh no, I ain't going nowhere." He said, shaking his head.

"No, see. But we already know your opinions on the matter, Devin. Keep your problems the fuck out of America, huh?" I scolded.

"In this instance, when he puts it like that, it all makes sense." Trevor nodded.

"Course it does. Hey, Devin... Goodbye my old friend. Thanks for all of the advice." I said, slamming the trunk shut.

"Bye bye." Franklin waved. The sounds of Devin's cries were louder than before, but I ignored them. All three of us exchanged similar expressions as we grabbed hold of the car and began to push it into the water. We all cheered, watching it crash onto the rocks, then exploding into a puff of grey smog.

"So now what?" Trevor asked.

"Now we keep on a low profile and keep on with our lives-" I was cut off by my phone ringing. I continued to talk, ignoring it.

"It's okay, dog, just take the call." Franklin said, pointing at my phone inside my pocket.

"Oh, thanks." I pulled my phone out, pressing it against my ear.

"Is this Michael De Santa?" An unfamiliar voice asked.

"Speaking." I replied.

"I'm sorry to be the breaker of bad news, but your wife, Amanda De Santa, died in a car accident about a hour ago. I'm deeply sorry for your loss, we did all we could to keep her with us, but her heart was unresponsive." He murmured.

"A-Are you kidding me?" I stammered.

"I'm very sorry, Mr. De Santa. The funeral will be held at the Los Santos Funeral Home exactly a week from now while we wait for Amanda's family to arrive." He sighed.

"Uh, I've got to go. Goodbye." I murmured.