Chapter 5: Bellamy

5 years after Praimfaya.

The monitor screen showed the red circle getting closer to the Ark.

- Guys ... who can they be? - Harper asked.

We were all still looking at the screen, we were assimilating that we had been sharing space all this time with another ship.

- I don't know - Raven replied - but we're not going to stay here and find out.

She turned and walked to another monitor as he continued talking.

- I've to delete the planned route and change the flight to manual mode. I planned the route of the ship to take off of the Ark in 7 hours, so we won't leave here unless I cancel auto mode.

- What can we do? - I asked.

- With this you can't help me. All of you have to go to space capsule and wait there. It will take me about 10 minutes, and that is just time we've before the other ship reaches the Ark.

- I'll stay with you – said Monty - I can help you and maybe we can reduce those 10 minutes to 5.

- Hurry up - I said, staring at Raven and Monty - the rest, come with me.

We left the command center and we went running to the ship that would lower us to the Earth, the same ship that brought us to the Ark.

When we arrived, we dress with our space suits that we had left prepared outside of the ship the day before.

Then, we got into the ship and waited for Raven and Monty.

But time passed and they didn't arrive. I looked at the clock, it would have passed about 7 minutes.

- They're not coming in time - said Emori tightly.

- We can't take off without them, and even if we could, I won't abandon anyone else - "like I did with Clarke" I thought sadly - Let's wait for them.

Just another minute passed when we saw, from the windows of the ship, how approached the other ship. It was even bigger than the Ark and it was practically next to us.

I left my helmet in my seat and I left the small ship.

- I'll find them, if we haven't come in 5 minutes, you have to take off, Raven will have already changed the route manually.

- I'm not leaving the Ark without Monty - said Harper leaving the ship - I'm going with you, Bellamy.

Harper and I turned around in the direction of the command center.

- Wait! - shouted Echo - I'm coming with you. Now we are a team.

Echo left the ship. Only Murphy and Emori were remaining there.
They both looked at each other for a few seconds and then they stood up.

- Don't expect us to say something cheesy, but come on, we have some friends to save – said Murphy grabbing Emori hand.

We arrived at the command center with and Raven and Monty were cursing loudly.

- What's up? - I asked – we should be already on the ship.

- In other words, they're hacking into the Ark system, those bastards don't want us to get out of here – said Raven looking at the screen that she was using with Monty's help.

- Are you saying that we're going to stay here and welcome everyone who comes down from that ship? - asked Murphy incredulously.

- No, luckily for us, my brain is smarter than theirs – said Raven smiling - and I'm blocking their signal.