Chapter 7: Clarke (Part 1)

The day advanced and I was still tied by the blonde girl, who didn't stop asking me questions, but no matter how much she tortured me, I wasn't going to answer her.

- For the fifteenth time, where is your people and how many are you? Answer me! - she screamed full of rage.

Blood was pouring from my wound down my face and body. Since the first time she wounded me, we both fell silent when she saw my blood was black. "You are a Natblida, Impossible," she had said.

Since then, she would have sworn addressed me with some respect, but the rage had not disappeared, it was increased by my silence and had added to its list of questions guess why I was Natblida.

I knew she didn't want to kill me, at least not for the moment, since all those wounds she made me, were superficial, none deep enough to be mortal. It was clear that she knew what she was doing and that she handled himself well with the sword.

However, wounds and blood loss were beginning to take effect on me. I didn't know how much more I could endure before I passed out and lose myself in unconsciousness.

- We're just the girl and I - for some reason, I forced myself not to say the name of Madi, I didn't want that something so beautiful and innocent as her name, fell into the wrong hands - why would we be alone if more people lived here, on Earth?

I tried, with all my strength, to keep my consciousness awake to say something intelligent, something that might end with this torture.

There were several minutes of silence in which the blonde girl thought my words, and when I finally believed this will end, a cold and sarcastic smile appeared on her face.

- I wonder if the little girl will respond the same when she sees my sword pierce her delicate hands...

Her words made me act instantly and I used the few strength I had left. But I could barely take a step in her direction without the cords that squeezed my wrists made me more damage. She was having fun with this.

- Don't dare to put your hand on her or you'll regret it! - I screamed with all the fury that my voice was able to express.

We both stared looking at each other, she seemed to be challenging me to be the first one to look away.

I don't know how many minutes we spent like this, but suddenly we heard murmurs and shouts of joy that came from outside the ship. "They have returned!" one shouted.

I could see how all the muscles of the blonde girl tensed. It was the first time I saw her like that, insecure. She was the first to look away toward the door, and immediately after, she put away her knife in her belt and went to the outside.

I could hardly see what was happening outside before the door was closed, but I realized that it was dark and the teenagers, who hours before was around the fire, was now welcoming a group that had arrived.

I remembered that the previous day I had seen more teenagers than there was today in the camp. Probably the ones that were missing were the ones that had just arrived, and that only made things worse and minimize my chances of escaping.

I couldn't stop comparing myself to Lincoln at this exactly moment, when all of us arrived on Earth, we tied and tortured him to give us information. It was happening again, but this time, I was the grounder and they, those who came from the space.

A chill ran through my body and I felt nauseous, but I forced myself to swallow saliva to avoid vomiting.

I was reviewing the few possibilities I had to escape, when suddenly the door opened and a gust of cold wind came through my body before the door closed again.