Chapter 13

Unus,Fruity,Cradline,trot and Soldier.

Went through  the canyon again. In search of Fairy and her herd.

__meanwhile__

Flicko nudged Fairy to wake up.
She struggled to open her eyes,though she woke up right away. It wasn't tiredness that kept them closed. She finally opened her eyes.

And Flicko at once noticed the problem;the fire had blinded Fairy.

She stood up looking around blankly.
Flicko wasn't sure what to say"Flicko?"Fairy said nervously.

"Don't worry Fairy. It looks like it could get better" Flicko said "Can you see anything?"He asked"everything is a bit dim and very blurry,but I can see light"She said "Good. So it could heal,we just need to treat it"He said "But how?I can't lead the herd this way"

"Jalapeno will lead the herd for now" Flicko said "why not you?" Fairy asked. Flicko looked into the distance"There is only one species who can help you now. But the one species a horse doesn't want to see"Flicko said "Someone has to" he said.

"No.not men.We don't go near them.we stay here,in the one place they don't know of"Fairy said"I'll be fine.it'll fix itself"she said walking off.

Thud

"Careful the trees!"Flicko yelled

"I know,i-"

Smash

Fairy sighed."it'll take a while to get used to"She said.

Unus flew out of the canyon and smack bang in the middle of the herd.

"Unus!"Flicko said running up to him.
Trot came beside Unus with Soldier on his back.Flicko's ears flicked back as he looked at the fox.

"You know we can't keep him Trot"Flicko said"but we will keep him"Trot said

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"STOP!"Unus roared.

They both looked up nervously.
"You will take care of the pup till you find his pack. This fox was given to Trot. Non of you have to even know he's here" Unus said

They both nodded

"where is Fairy?"Cradline asked

"Right here" Fairy said gracefully galloping over to them and not so gracefully running right into Unus who fell back with Fairy standing on top of him"I'm so sorry...whoever you are"Fairy said.Unus looked at her confused"does she not remember me?it's not that easy to forget a dragon!" Unus thought"uh...who are you?"Fairy asked.

"Unus"He said slowly."oh" She said hopping off him.Unus and his friends(including trot) just stared at her shaking their heads as if to say"what's wrong with her?"

"She was blinded in the fire"Flicko said sadly" Oh. Well she sure doesn't seem to care" Fruity said "There are so many things to be happy about. Only one thing to be sad about.why be sad?"Fairy asked"True" Fruity thought

Chapter over