The Robot Catastrophe

This is NOT a continuation of the other one shot (should it be?) but anyway, this was requested by a friend on Twitter, 🍁ThatAgentOlympia🍁.

----

Otis and Olympia walked over to the lab to see Oona, who was about to unveil her newest gadget, which may or may not have used certain parts from the cherry-on top-inator. Oona had the gadget behind her back waiting for the two agents to arrive, and her excitement level increased when she saw them coming.

Olympia looked eager to see the gadget, while Otis looked expectantly over at Oona, hoping for a pleasant surprise.

"Howdy-do, Olympia, Otis!" Oona greeted them ecstatically.

"Hey Oona," Olympia returned cheerfully. "What gadget did you want to show us?"

"Presenting..." Oona began excitedly, "the un-robot-inator!!!"

"Woah, an un-robot-inator?" Olympia marveled, thinking of the possibilities. "Does this mean we can turn all the robot princesses into regular princesses?"

"Huh, I guess we could, but what would Odd Squad be without it's infamous Princess Door, am I right?" Oona chuckled. Olympia chuckled too.

"Is there even such a problem where people turn into robots?" Otis asked. "We haven't come across a case like that."

"You never know when you might need it." Oona said as Olympia nodded in agreement and pushed her glasses up her nose. The two girls just stared at Otis for a few seconds, as if they were waiting for him to think up the worst and say that this gadget was necessary. Otis raised his eyebrows.

"I just need to make some finishing touches..." Oona continued after the silence, and opened up a panel on the gadget. "Hm...could one of you hand me a—" Oona turned around and accidentally knocked the gadget to the floor. A nanosecond later, it zapped Olympia.

Otis and Oona stood in shock, not knowing what to do. Once the blast ended, they waited to see the effects, but Olympia just stared blankly at them, unmoving.

"Um, Olympia?" Otis tried to get Olympia to respond.

"Hello, agents. I am Olympiabot 1000, at your assistance!" Olympia replied in a robotic voice.

Oona and Otis turned to each other with horrified expressions.

"How did this happen?" Otis asked in a panicked voice.

"I don't know!" Oona panicked. "Maybe the gadget malfunctioned when it fell?"

"Well, now what do we do!?" Otis asked in terror.

"Ok, I'll try to fix the gadget, while you keep Ms. O from knowing about this." Oona decided, picking up the gadget and setting it on the table.

Otis tried to help as much as possible as Oona was fixing the gadget. Suddenly, Ohlm walked in.

"Hey guys!" Ohlm said cheerfully. "I have a broken gadget."

"Ok," Oona said distractedly, "just leave it over there."

"Ok!" Ohlm walked over to the table and carefully placed his gadget there. "Hey, what are you working on?"

"Nothing you should be concerned about." Otis said seriously.

Ohlm ignored him and wandered around the lab for a little.

"Hey Olympia!"

"Hello, Agent Ohlm." Olympia replied in a monotone voice.

"Wanna go to the break room? I'm free. And bored." Ohlm offered.

Oona gave a side glance at Ohlm, knowing full-well of what could happen. She gave him a look that was intended to warn him and stopped what she was doing, as if he was a toddler who needed to be supervised at all times.