STAGE 2- p⃟u⃟r⃟p⃟l⃟e⃟

🅝🅞 🅟🅞🅥

No. No. No.
NONONO please! This cannot be happening, already?!? How soon do they change colors!? Do I have a year? Month? Week?! Hell I might only have a day!

Tears dripped down Lances face as the large pile of blood finally reached his knees and began soaking through, drenching him in a puddle of his own crimson liquid. His own flowers.

The door creaked behind him. Lance didn't even turn back to face whatever poor soul had just witnessed this monstrous scene.

He heard a faint whimper as Allura cried out.
"L-Lance?..." she held a hand to her mouth as Lance slowly turned to face her. The teen boy tilted his head up to meet Alluras teary eyes. She saw as the last remaining purple flowers flowed along the blood out of his mouth.

"Don't tell anyone." Lance whispered as she fell to her knees. Her bare knees hit the ground and she rushed to Lance.

"Lance! What the hell is happening I need to get you to a hospital NOW!!" She yelled. She pulled at his arm but he remained in the same position.

"No! No Allura please listen I don't need a hospital. I know what's wrong with me and I know how to cure it." He said regaining his voice.

"Well?! Are you taking medicine for it?? How serious is it?" She said panicked.

"Here, help me sneak quietly to the bathroom, and I'll explain everything."

_____}{_____}{_____}{_____}{____

"H-Hanahaki Disease?" Allura asked quietly. She had told the others Lance fell into the mud and to begin the movie without him to he could shower and clean up.

"Yeah the colors determine how far into the illness I'm in, the healthiest starting at the end of the rainbow and my worst state at the beginning." Lance explained calmly. They were sitting on the icy bathroom floor. Him now completely cleaned and in his Pj's.

"Wait reverse rainbow being.." Allura mumbled counting on her fingers. "They were purple, so you'd be at stage one?" She asked.

"No there are seven official stages pink is sometimes included in the rainbow like Y in the vowels." He spoke nicely with no annoyance at all. "So pink was stage one. I found out I was at stage 2 right when you did." His expression grew to a sad one.

"You said you knew how to cure it though! Correct?" Allura said loud and hopeful.

"True. But I'm not going to receive treatment." Lance said sorrowful yet confident.

"What!?" Allura shot her head up and grabbed lances arms. "Lance you must! Is it a money problem? Because I can help-"

"No. The cure is forgetting the other half of your Disease- look. Hanahaki Disease is caused when your body can't physically handle the pain of a one sided love. Therefore leaving you vulnerable to the seeds that grow in your lungs, sprouting into roots that eventually blossom to flowers, dooming you to a beautiful death. Receiving treatment would mean cutting out the roots but what's the point if the one sided love is still there right? So in order to make sure the roots don't just re-grow the second you cut them out, is to erase the memory of the other person completely. Get it?" Lance explained the ENTIRE situation and by the end of it Allura was in tears.

"....so I assume this persons keith." She spoke soaked in tears. She knows he loves Keith. What she didn't know it was enough to die for him. "...You can't die for him Lance."

"Would you forget Shiro?" The McClain asked almost instantly.

"I-..." Alluras eyes widened and it went silent. After several moments she looked to the floor and whispered so quiet Lance almost didn't hear, "...no"