chapter 1

“Knock, knock, knock. We see all!”

“Ahhhh!” screamed Jordan as she woke from a not so pleasant dream. “That was so creepy!” she said to herself. Jordan got out of bed and went into the kitchen for a glass of water.

“Jordan? Is that you?” asked her mother, Leslie. “Oh, honey. What are you doing up so late?”

“I had a bad dream, so I needed some water.” said Jordan as she turned back toward her room.

“Okay, do you want to talk about it?”

“No mom. Besides, what’s there to talk about? I am going back to bed now.”

“Okay sweetie. Love you.”

“Love you too mom.” As Jordan got back into bed, she couldn’t get the sound of the voice from her dream out of her head. “Somehow my dream seems do real. It couldn’t have been though.” thought Jordan.

A few hours later, Jordan was awoken again. This time, she heard her name being whispered into her ear. “Who’s there?” she whispered. There was no reply. The only sounds being made now were the noises from the air vents. Jordan rolled over in her bed and tried to go back to sleep. However much she tried, she was unsuccessful. Every time she would begin to fall asleep, her name would be whispered even louder than the time before.

“Jordan! It’s time for school. Start getting ready. The bus will be here soon!”

“Already ready momma.” Jordan hugged her mother and walked out of the door. While she walked down the drive way, she turned around to say a final goodbye when there, in the window of her bedroom stood a tall girl with flame red hair and eyes as blue as the ocean. As she took a second glance, the girl had disappeared.

“Is everything okay?” shouted Leslie from the doorway.

“Oh, uh yea, I thought I just a girl standing in my room, but when I looked again she was gone.” said Jordan “I’ve got to go. The bus is coming.”

“Alright, have a wonderful day. Love you.”