chapter 2

As Jordan got onto the bus, she took one more look at her window. The girl was staring straight at her. “Who are you?” Jordan whispered to herself.

“Kammy.” answered a girl’s voice. Jordan looked around, but nobody was sitting by her.

“Okay, this is it. I have officially lost my mind!”

“No you haven’t.”

“Oh yes I have.” replied Jordan. “Wait a minute. I’m alone in my seat, so who am I talking to?”

“Me silly, I’m right next to you.” Jordan looked over only to see the red headed, blue eyed girl sitting right next to her.

“What the hell? Who are you? Why are you here? What do you want from me?” questioned Jordan.

“Woe, woe slow down sister. I’m Kammy, I’m here to warn you, and you are not crazy.”

“No, I am definitely crazy. What on Earth could you possibly be here to warn me about? In the movies, when someone sees a ghost, you are a ghost right?”

“Yes I am but-”

“When someone sees a ghost it usually means that the person will die soon.”

“That’s just a myth. But you will die if you don’t heed my warning.”

“What is your warning then?” Jordan had a terrified look on her face.

“Okay um, the dream you had the other night wasn’t really a dream. It was the other spirit in your house. It was “The Bad One”. He sees all and knows all. If he gets inside your head, he will destroy your mind. He’ll just keep torturing you until you go completely insane. There is a way to stop him though.”

“Well how can I stop this “Bad One”?” asked Jordan.

“All you have to is— I’m sorry I have to go. “

“Wait, Kammy! Please don’t go!”

“Uh Jordan, who were you just talking to? Who’s Kammy? Are you feeling okay? You look like you’re about to barf.” said Amy, Jordan’s best friend since first grade.

“No, no I’m just tired that‘s all.” Jordan explained.

“Okay then, who is this Kammy person you were yelling at?”

“Oh nobody, I was practicing for an, uh, acting class that my mom signed me up for.”

“Really Jordan, I’ve known you for ten years. I can tell when you’re lying. Now who is this Kammy girl?”

“I’m telling the truth. I’m working on an acting assignment.”

“Jordan! You are terrified to speak in front of your family. You have terrible stage fright. Please tell me the truth!”

“Have you ever considered that I’m taking acting classes to improve my stage fright?”

“I’m sorry Jordan I didn’t know! There was no need to blow up on me like that!” yelled Amy. She got up and sat in a different seat.

“Ugh I can’t believe this. My best friend hates my guts now. This is just perfect.” Jordan banged her head against the window as she began to cry with frustration. “This is just freaking perfect!” she thought.

“Don’t cry Jordan. That’s exactly what “He” wants. You have to stop crying.” Jordan heard Kammy’s voice from a distant place in her head.”

“Kammy, where are you?” Jordan muttered under her breath.

“I’m always with you now. I have to keep you safe. Just listen to my advice and “He” will never get to you.” spoke Kammy. “You may not be able to see me, but I’m always with you.”

“Okay.” Jordan said as she wiped her tears away and tried to be cool.