chapter 6

“No!  I’m not insane! Please don’t do this to me! Please!” Jordan began to struggle again, and was once again seduced.

When she awoke once more, Jordan saw her mother and Amy sitting by her bed. Amy had fallen asleep, and Leslie was quietly weeping into a book she was reading.

“Mom, are you okay?” Jordan attempted to say, but it merely squeaked out of her mouth.

“Oh Jordan, sweetie, you’re awake, I was so worried. When we got here Amy called to make sure you were okay. She said you two got into a fight and she wanted to apologize for the way she acted. I told her you were here and she rushed over.”

By this time, Amy began to stir. “Ms. Cambol, is Jordan awake yet, is she okay.” Amy was speaking in an almost frantic voice.

“Yeah Amy I’m okay.” Squeaked Jordan as she slowly sat up. Amy leaned forward and gave Jordan a hug.

“I’m so sorry for everything I’ve said. I didn’t mean it; I was just a little upset.” Tears began to run down her face.

“It’s okay Amy. I’m just glad to have my best friend here with me.”

“Okay Jordan,” said the nurse working the night shift, “My name is Brittany, and I’ll be your nurse for the night. I sure am glad to see you awake. When I was here two nights ago you were still completely unresponsive. Well, have a good night, and I will be back in two hours to give you a quick check up.”

“Two days? I was asleep and unresponsive for two days?”

“Actually,” Brittany turned around, “You have been like that for almost a week. The doctors thought you were a goner, but you are here now so everything is okay.” Brittany walked out of the room and down the hall.

“Indeed sweet heart, I was here the whole time, and Amy came every day after school and stayed until almost midnight each night.”

“Really Amy, you stayed here all that time?” Amy nodded.

Two hours later the nurse, Brittany, came in and did a routine check on Jordan. “Well, everything seems to be in order. I’ll just bring these to your doctor and he will be here to see you in a little while.”

“Okay thank you Brittany. I think it’s about time for you to get on home now Amy. It’s getting late, and if you don’t mind I would like some time to talk to Jordan alone.”

“Oh, yes ma’am, of course. Bye Jordan I’ll come by tomorrow and see how things are going.”

“Okay Amy. See you tomorrow.”

As Amy left Leslie turned to her daughter. “Jordan, do you remember what happened the day you were brought here?”

“No mom. All I remember is waking up in my room and you leaving to fix me some soup.”

“That’s it?” Jordan nodded. “Well when the doctors put you to sleep for the second time, you were screaming that you weren’t insane, and that we didn’t believe you. Is there anything you would like to tell me?”

Jordan considered telling her mother about Kammy, but at this point she didn’t know if Kammy was real or not. To Jordan everything seemed like a huge blur. So she pretended like none of it happened at all.

“No momma. I honestly don’t remember saying anything like that. Are you sure you weren’t just imagining it?”

“I’m positive. I cannot imagine my daughter screaming and pleading for her mother to believe her. I just can’t. Are you sure there isn’t anything you would like to tell me? I promise I won’t be upset.”

Just as Jordan was about to respond, the doctor walked in. “Good evening Jordan and Ms. Cambol. I trust everything is going well; now that you are awake. I have checked and rechecked your file, but I can’t seem to find any problems. I haven’t the slightest clue as to why you acted in such a manner the other day.” The doctor walked to the other side of the room, “We have decided to keep you for tonight to monitor your behavior, and if all goes well, you can go home tomorrow.”