Thirty-two

September 22nd
12:39pm
Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Harper sat in the passenger seat of Jakes car, his hand a little to high up on her thigh for comfort. Unlike every other time they had gone out, which included talking and laughing this time was different, the only sound in the car was the radio playing while she looked out the window, the world seemed to go in slow motion for the girl.

Harper just wasn't in the right place. If she was being honest she wanted nothing more than to go home and face time Corbyn, she wanted to sit on FaceTime with the only person in the world who ever made her feel truly cared for and comfortable and cry to him, tell him all her thoughts and feelings, tell him why she feels so not okay.

If she was being more honest than that she would have told you that she had wished the blonde was here with her.

Did she like Jake? Yes of course she did, she wouldn't be dating the boy if she didn't. But the feeling she had gained for Corbyn closer to the beginning that she had pushed very deep in side her had started wandering in her mind again after they had met.

After their first face time call, when they hung up she was giddy and giggly and the smile didn't leave her face- which wasn't very much like Harper. She had felt something for the boy she had never felt before, but he was famous and in a different state and time zone, and there was no way he'd like a girl like her.

So she did what girls do to save their hearts, she pushed the feelings down, and then when Jake asked her out- it was like it all seemed to go to plan, she started gaining real feelings for him and forgetting about the sadness she had felt when she realized she'd never have a chance with the blonde.

But then New York came.

And it fucked everything up for her. She couldn't stop thinking about how closer their faces had once been, how amazing their night had been and how he clung to her when it was time to leave, how safe she felt in his arms.

But he was her best friend, you were supposed to feel safe with them, you were supposed to love them; at least that's what she kept telling herself.

She had Jake.

And Jake was enough for her.