Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Ryan

I'm sorry for asking that, but it has to be that way. Goodbye.

I put the phone down on the table, not saying a word. Her voice was so beautiful, but her words were not. How could she just say goodbye? So she didn't know me, but her words felt like they were meant for me, even if they was for Jake.

"She couldn't even leave her number" I said, clearing my throat. All I wanted was to get to know her and care for her, but this girl seemed near impossible to get close to.

"Hey, don't look so beaten up over it. Remember the message wasn't meant for you. You know where she lives, so why not go over there and see if she's home?" Jason suggested.

"Wouldn't that seem a little stalker-ish? What is he going to say if he sees her there anyway?" Jake answered, obviously not liking the idea.

"Maybe, but this is his mate we're talking about. There is obviously something wrong, and I think it's better if he goes over there to see if she's okay" Jason encountered.

That made my chest tighten. The fact that I had to go see if she was okay, made it obvious that she was not, considering the anxious and alarmed feeling I got when I was at the dinner. I'm really worried something has happened to her.

"But what if she's not okay, what am I supposed to do?" I asked. I couldn't very well just take her with me, she was human so I had to be really careful.

"You will know when you find out. All we can do is give you advice, but only so much. She's your mate, so when it comes down to it, your instincts will kick in and tell you what to do, not us" Jason answered. I guess he's speaking from experience because of how long he's been with Lavinia.

"So you think I should go see her?" I asked.

"I would if I were in your position. If I even had the tiniest feeling that there was something wrong with Lavinia for example, I would not hesitate to go to her" he answered with determination.

I didn't have the tiniest feeling, I have a big feeling. I guess that answers my question on what I should do.

*

I was nervous as hell, and I almost couldn't stand still as I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. It was almost as I could feel her presence on the other side of the door a few seconds before it swung open, revealing the girl on the other side f the door. My girl. However, I noticed how she quickly took a step backwards when she recognized me. It was like a punch in the gut.

"Uhm...w-what are you doing here?" She asked. I hated the way her voice was shaking because of me. I was still really happy it was her who answered the door, but surprised at the same time.

"Oh, hey. I wasn't expecting to see you here" I answered. It was a little white lie. I hadn't expected for her to be the one to open the door, because she was not an easy person to come in contact with, so I was relieved when all I had to just ring on the door and there she was. She was really beautiful.

"Oh...well. There's no one else home right now, goodbye" She said quickly, and I reacted fast by stopping the door with my hand. She as acting really strange.

"Wait. I wasn't expecting to see you, but I'm glad I did anyway. I just wanted to apologize for last night. I really didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry" I said truthfully. The last thing I wanted was to scare her.