5

The next morning as I lay in bed beside Ryan, my mind drifts off to our parents. I bet they would be so happy that he proposed to me, and that we made it official.

As I'm lost in my thoughts a loud crack of thunder scares me, causing me to jump, which causes Ryan to jump awake.

" I'm sorry." I whisper. " Go back to sleep." I add quietly.

He lays his head back down and looks to me with a grin.

" I think I'd rather do something else." He whispers, planting a soft kiss on my lips. 

My lips respond to him in away that I know they couldn't to someone else. I kiss him back with so much passion that he groans in submission. I smile against his lips, pulling back a little to look into his beautiful eyes. 

" What is it?" He asks, looking at me carefully. 

" I love you Ryan." I say, a grin forming onto my face. He smiles, pulling me flush against his chest, holding me in his warm embrace. Oh, how I love to be in his arms. 

" I love you too Sophie." He says, kissing my cheek. 

+++++++

" Okay so we have a plan to travel in groups as we go out." Jackson says to all of us, with John nodding along to him. 

" Although we will be in two separate groups, we'll communicate by these walkie-talkies. One group will lead the way and signal when it's safe for the following group to go." John explains. 

Ryan squeezes my hand in reassurance. Needless to say I'm nervous, we're all about to travel to the community where our parents may, or may not be. The dangers of the world now scare me and I'm worried that something bad is going to happen to one of us. It's a horrible feeling I always get before we travel outside together. Although I know that no could will come from worrying. 

" Maybe we'll get to see our parents." I say quietly, looking to Ryan. He nods with a small smile. 

" Hopefully." He says softly. I nod before turning my attention back to what's going on. 

"Okay Ryan, Sophia, me, and Natalie will be in the first group, the leading group. " Jackson says, glancing towards us for our reaction, I just give a small nod. 

" Me, Sierra and Peter will travel behind." John says, looking to the other two. 

" Alright, everyone go finish packing your bags and getting everything we need, we will make a few stops along the way, we might have to find another place if night falls but hopefully we will make it there before. " Jackson announces. 

I go up to my room and finish a few clothes and a few pictures I've kept along the way, and the rest of my books. After packing everything, I go to meet up with the rest of my group, Peter is in charge of carrying the food and water while John holds Peter bag. Jackson was waiting at the door for everyone. Something I noticed is that no one looked nervous about anything. They didn't look scared or anything and I wish I could be like that. The nervousness stays with me as I get closer to the door, gathering with my group. 

Ryan grabs my hand and squeezes, something he's been doing a lot lately for reassurance and comfort that I appreciate more than he'll ever know. I smile up to him before looking over to Natalie. 

" How are you?" I ask, knowing that the brave cover is fake. I know her too well. 

" I'm okay Soph, just nervous." She replies. I nod in understandment.  

" I'm here for you." I say giving her a tight hug. She smiles. 

" Same to you, as you already know." She replies. 

I look around to everyone, these people are my family. From what we've all went through in trying to survive, we will always stick together. I send a silent prayer up to God before going to the door. 

" Is everyone ready?" Jackson asks aloud, looking around the room to everyone. 

" Yes." Peter says, while the rest of us nod. 

" Good luck everyone." Jackson says before opening the door. 

As we continue out through the threshold only one thing is in my mind. Something I wish I could actually change.

There's no turning back now. 

††††
Thanks for reading!! Until next Friday ;) Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!