Chapter 19

Scabbers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's P.O.V.

We ran and ran after the Ginger Head I called my friend. Scabbers had ran off and Ron was chasing after him while we were chasing after Ron.

We reached the top of the hill. Oh no.

Ron found Scabbers near the tree that got me a detention last year. It was the Whomping Willow. Tess didn't seem to notice the tree either as she ran after Ron. "Harry, you do realize what tree this is?" Hermione asked.

"That's not good. Ron, run!" (Heh...) I shouted. Ron's eyes settled on something behind the girls and me. "Harry, Hermione, run!"

We turned around to face a black dog. The same one I had seen the night I ran away from the Dursleys. The dog growled with its pointed teeth out. "It's the grim!"

The dog ran towards us though it seemed we were not its prey. It instead jumped over us and ran after Ron and Tess. It reached Ron and bit his leg. The dog did not appear to want to let go as he dragged him towards the Whomping Willow.

"Tess!" Ron yelled as he was being dragged towards the blasted tree. Tess continued to crawl and crawl towards Ron in an attempt to catch his hand.

As he was almost inside some kind of hole near the tree Ron handed Tess Scabbers and said, "Take care of him!"

I couldn't see it, but a branch from the Whomping Willow went ahead and attacked Hermione and me, ignoring Tess who ducked. "Come on!" I said after we got up. We dodged another branch and continued to run towards the tree. "Move!" I shouted when a branch almost attacked us. We ran in different ways, both ending up on the floor.

"Aahh!" A scream that belonged to Tess. She was being dragged by the arm towards the hole in the Whomping Willow. 

"Duck!" I couldn't pay attention. Tess was down the hole and--

I was attacked by another branch. And I didn't know the distance between me and the tree as my glasses fell from my face. I could barely see as  a blurry branch came bashing down towards me. I barely managed to dodge it. Hermione screamed wherever she was. 

I stood up and I heard Hermione's scream really close to me so I ducked for whatever reason. I started searching for my glasses. They had to be somewhere.

I found them. I quickly put them on and looked at the cause of Hermione's screams. She was holding onto a branch on the Whomping Willow for dear life. "Harry!" She screamed. The branch came close and she hung onto my shirt. It did not take long for me to scream too. She let go of me and in I went into the hole of the Whomping Willow.

I slid down and Hermione came after me not long after. She landed on me. "Oh I'm sorry!" She said. She quickly got up awkwardly. "Don't worry." I replied, getting up. "Where'd you suppose this goes?"