xxi

pulled up to the back of the school in the rental truck, ethan watches kids his age and younger going through the parking, walking along the sidewalks, most likely waiting for their rides.

suddenly, he makes eye contact with a girl who has others gathered around her. when their eyes lock, her expression lights up, and although he can't hear their conversation, he's pretty sure they're talking about him being at their very high school.

since he's been here, visiting sydney, he hasn't been asked to take pictures of give autographs as much as he thought he'd be. something a part of him is grateful for, considering that there's a lack of alone time in public since him and his brother became famous.

"it's ethan dolan!!" someone yells, the screeching voice echoing off the brick walls of the high school.

come on syd, where are you??

he thinks, feeling the engine running as he taps his fingers on the steering wheel. he's only to be in washington for another day, and his flight leaves tomorrow night. sydney has agreed to drive him to the airport, although, she hasn't mentioned anything to her parents about it.

"sorry," sydney is breathing hard as she climbs into the truck, closing the door to close away the outside world where some of the students had begun to freak out because of ethan's presence.

"i had an assignment to turn in that i forgot about until last minute. i had to run all the way to the other end of the school, and just as ms. alvarez was shutting her room, i rushed in and gave it to her." the explanation is followed up by laughter from both of them.

sydney catches her breath, her gaze catching ethan's when she tucks some dark hair behind her ear.

"how was your day?" she immediately plasters a smile on her face. suddenly, ethan can't get the image of her in only panties and a shirt out of his head, and sydney cocks her head, seeing a blank, almost dazed, expression on her boyfriend's face.

"uhhh, it was good, yeah. i mostly just hung out on the couch."

"that's it?! why didn't you go out and do something?" sydney retorts, shocked. ethan shrugs.

"wouldn't have been any fun without you there princess."

the smoothness in his voice sends chills up her spine. sometimes, it's still hard for her to believe that she's dating a boy she only used to crush on through the internet, and the boy she nearly made a fanpage about it.

sydney blushes at the thought.

a/n: i like this one :)