Nightmares

Annabeth's POV:

I couldn't sleep I was tossing and turning all night.

All because of that nightmare!

It's been slowly killing me on the inside.

It's been going for a while. But I just didn't want to tell anyone or make them worry. Percy has been getting on to me for a while. Says I've been acting strange.

Well let's just say I've been a little paranoid but, it's not for my safety. It's for Percy's.

Today's nightmare was just too cruel I woke up shaking and crying thankfully not screaming for that would wake my other siblings. I've been hiding it very well but there are some that have gotten suspicious.

So I decided to go to the Poseidon cabin.

I ran, (hiding, tripping) over there trying not to be seen by the nymphs or the harpees.

I just had to get to him. Make sure and see to it that he's okay. I just had to or else I don't think I'd be able to have any more sleep.

When I got to his cabin I took a deep breathe and slowly slid the door open.

And that's where I saw him in the one bed staring upwards into the ceiling. And very thankfully not hurt, or worse.

That's when I breathed out a breathe I hadn't know I'd been holding.

When he heard that he looked at me.

At first it was blank until he slowly started registering what was happening. That's when he gave me a quizzical look.

And that's when I lost it.

I ran and jumped into his bed and hugged him.

I hadn't realized I'd been crying until he reached his hand up and wiped my tears away from my cheek.

I eventually stopped crying. But I was still hugging him while taking ragged breaths.

Well that was until he asked,"nightmares?"

That's when I broke away with a confused face,"how'd you know?"

And Percy with a very saddened smile said,"I have them too."

And with that I kissed him, while he kissed back until we finally broke away and cursed myself for not figuring it out earlier. But of course many demigods have nightmares, what with all the monster they've delt with.

I finally broke away and I started scooting out of the bed when he got my arm and said," stay."
I didn't have to be told twice and I slowly slid in bed next to him, for he was patting the side of the bed.

And so we slept while hugging and in complete comfort. I completely forget about those ratchet dreams.

It looks like he did too.

We slept soundly that night.

And well many after that for we had figured out a pretty nice sleeping arrangement.

How'd you guys like this one?

Comment ideas for this new one shots book!!!