chapter-23

Written by S1992L

********

The auditorium was pin dropped silent after Arnav finished his long speech….. All the students and other professors were looking at the newly engaged couple while Arnav was looking at the students and Khushi was looking at the ground nervously….

*clap* *clap*

The silence was broken by claps from Sheetal and soon the room filled by a round of applauds for congratulating the newly engaged…..

“Wowwww…. I cannot believe I can call ASR sir as Jijaji….” Sheetal exclaimed in happiness while came to Khushi’s direction…. “Congrats khushi….” She hugged Khushi with happiness... “Congrats jiju….” Hearing her Arnav looked at her with raising one eyebrow and sheetal quickly corrected herself, “I… I mean Sir….” Arnav just gave a nod to her acknowledging her…. “But Sir can we call you as jiju outside the college??” She again asked while motioning her and Khushi’s friend… “Yeah….” Arnav answered…. Arshi flooded with the congratulation with their well-wishers and friends….

“Guys… If you done showing your happiness on Arnav -Khushi’s engagement then I want to remind you that you guys need to prepare for the cultural events… ” Principal Sir announced after sometime….  

Hearing Sir’s thundering voice some students went from there and some students stayed there to discuss with Arshi….

[AR design…..]

Anjali came to her office after a meeting and sat on her chair exhausted…. She leaned backward on the chair’s headrest and closed her eyes….

The previous day’s event came in front of her eyes….

Flash back

“Where is your wife? Did not you bring her here???” Anjali asked shyam with little hesitation…. Shyam jerked his head towards her instantly…. He was straightly looking into her eyes… his eyes clearly reflecting pain by her words…… he gave a smile with sadness and said, “I never crossed my words Anjali… I am still unmarried…” he said in one go…

Anjali’s eyes shot open….. her eyes reflecting her inner turmoil…. “He still is waiting for ……”

“Ma’am, clients are here…” Aman’s voice interrupted her thought…. “I am coming…” She told Aman, her manager, who was standing in the door waiting for her answer….  After masking her emotion she went to meet the clients….

[ In College…. ]

Khushi and some other girls were putting Rangoli for welcoming the special guests in the college premises…. They were giggling and chatting when doing their work and finally it had finished….. A girl put a color in her hand and suddenly put that on Khushi’s cheek…. She gasped of this sudden attack….