Chapter 2: Eye For An Eye

Marlton then shows Misty around. "This is where I've been making simple machines trying to get by." Marlton said as he showed some of his inventions on his desk. "Hm well seems you know your way around surviving." Misty said. "Oh why yes, an intelligent individual as myself has been working nonstop to achieve the frantic goal in surviving in this hellish world." Marlton said with pride. "Wait so it's just you here by yourself?" Misty asked. "Well.... Yes actually it's just me, unfortunately I've had no colleagues to help with my work and I assume you have no interest in these works." Marlton said. "The fuck? You calling me stupid?" Misty said with anger. "Oh why no, I just assumed you were..." Before Marlton could finish Misty had landed a violent punch across his face knocking him down to the floor. "Listen nerd, I don't need your help anyway. I've made it this long and I can keep going." Misty said looking down at Marlton. "....G..GG.. God ....... I didn't mean it like that!" , Marlton said shivering in fear. "Yeah you fucking did you liar!!!!" Misty said while raising a clenched fist, Marlton cowards in fear while Misty lowered her guard and makes her way towards the door. "And man up you nerd!! God damn crybaby." Misty said as she walked out the door with her shotgun at hand. Marlton gets up and watches Misty walk away into the fog. "Very unladylike!!! Never have I seen such a crude, disrespectful person." Marlton said. Marlton then makes his way back to his desk and powers up the car battery hooked to his microwave. "Well after that rude treatment I deserve some food." Marlton then takes the wet rag inside the microwave and cleans it  thoroughly, after that he places a microwave dinner from the diner next door and cooks it for five minutes. "My hunger always gets in the way of my works so I better eat while I'm hungry." Marlton said as he worked on a shield that he had put together with a car door and crate roller. "Fucking nerd, called me stupid, I let everyone from my past push me around and now a fucking nerd?!?!!! Wait a second he's a coward I could just take all his shit, not that far away.... hell yeah I'm doing it." Misty said, she then turned around and walked back to the body shop willing to take Marlton's food and supplies. Marlton then hears the beeping of the microwave knowing that his food is finished. "Finally I can proceed with my works and make process with my useful tools to help me survive this terrible intellect." Marlton said as he took out his food. He then made his way back to the counter where he noticed that his deck of cards had been opened and poured onto the ground. "That devilish woman most definitely took some of my stuff without a  doubt ... Uggghhh.... Women...." Marlton said angrily. Misty was walking up to the diner with her shotgun at hand. "Gunna get all that nerd's shit hehehe." Misty said with confidence. Marlton then noticed that Misty was coming back with her shotgun. "This must be trouble!" Marlton said nervously. Marlton then realized his had left his gun towards the front he then quickly crawls on his knees and grabs his pistol making his way to the other room. He then looks at the bottom of the slightly open garage door and sees Misty boots making their way towards the door. Misty with all her strength kicks the door open while marlton crawls through the slightly open garage door. "Cmon out nerd!!! I know you're in here!" Misty then fires a shot into the ceiling of the body shop. "Not asking again! Better not fuck with me!" Misty said loudly. "Actually you better just lower the gun because YOU are the one who's fucked with the wrong individual." Marlton said from behind Misty with a gun pointed to the back of her head. "Bitch!!!" Misty said with frustration. "How the fuck?" Misty said. "My garage door was slightly open, I leave it that way just in case the dead get in." Marlton said with a smirk. "Now drop the gun woman!" Marlton enforced. Misty threw the gun across the room, she then got on her knees and out her hands behind her head. "Okay nerd you won ok, YOU WON FUCKER!!! Now let me go!" Misty yelled. " Absolutely not! I'm not letting some crazed woman with a gun threaten my life and jeopardize my work, it's you kind of people that don't deserve to life in this world." Marlton said. At this point Misty had now smart remark to say to Marlton, she figured that he would be killing her any minute. "I'm sorry but this is what this cruel world had come to, kill or be killed, any last words you have to say?" Marlton asked as he cocked his gun. Misty realized that she was not truly this person she had always claimed to be or was as tough as she had always been. She always was a young girl who just wanted to be happy and have someone that loved her, she then looked up at Marlton with a tear running down her face a tear that had always wanted to get out of her but was too afraid to all her life. "I'm sorry Marlton." Misty said as she looked back down and closed her eyes waiting to be killed. Marlton paused and saw that this was a damaged woman that she was truly sorry for what happen. Marlton then raised his gun and spared  Misty. "You never come back here and if you do I WILL kill you, now go!!!" Marlton yelled. Misty then realized she had nothing to live for and leaned up against the front door on her knees. "You should've killed me, I have nothing to live for. I've had a shit life." Misty said with another tear escaping her eye. Marlton still had his gun raised in case this was a trick. "You think I'm suppose to care, especially after what you've done to me?" Marlton asked. Misty chuckled, "Fuck no, you're not but at least somebody's gonna hear what I have to say, unlike my dad or my brother or my old boyfriend. There the reason  my life is so fucked up. Made me into some rough neck trashy bitch, hell that's all I'll ever be." Misty said with sorrow in her voice. Marlton still had his gun raised at Misty with his finger on the trigger, he learned from his life to never trust anyone. Misty then pulled out a cigarette and lighter from her bra and starts to smoke. "Will you listen to me?" Misty asked. "...........I guess. Don't play me for a fool woman!" Marlton said. "I'm not, if anyone left in this world is a damn fool it would be me." Misty said taking a puff of her cigarette. Marlton then sat on the edge of the counter with his gun still raised and proceeded to listen. "My father was never there, always out drinking the dumb bastard..." Misty said taking a heavy puff of her cigarette.