Chapter 6: Tension

Marlton had been up all night thinking of what possibly misty could do during the trip, he was nervous but still curious to learn more about her. Marlton got dressed and cooked a microwave pancake for his breakfast. Misty had just woken up she unbuttoned her shirt again to show more cleavage and pulled her bra down closer to her nipples while spraying perfume she found from the run five days ago onto her chest. Misty also decided to pull up her pink panties up a little from her jeans right below her stomach. "Better catch him staring again cowgirl," Misty said to herself in her mirror, She then grabbed her shotgun and walked to the body shop. Marlton was dressed and ready but very nervous. (Knock) "Marlton you ready?" Misty said outside the front of the body shop. "Oh God please don't make this trip hell for me," Marlton said to himself. "I'm coming," Marlton said aloud grabbing the turbine. Marlton then opened the door and stepped out noticing again that her cleavage was out more than usual, he knew that she was trying to tease him. "Ready Marley?" Misty asked kindly.
"Uhhh..... Yeah" Marlton said walking past misty and onto the bus. Misty walked behind him and sat on the floor of the bus. Marlton then placed the turbine in front of the robot and the bus then took off, During the departure misty was wanting to start getting Marlton closer to her. Marlton was staring straight into the road right beside the robot. "Why don't you come sit with me?" Misty asked. "Uhh... well... you see... Uhh" Marlton said tripping over his word. "What that's Marley?" Misty asked. "Uh... The zombies might get on the bus and I uhh ... have to keep watch," Marlton said avoiding misty. Misty knew that Marlton was avoiding her and she was going to do whatever it takes to break him out of his shell, she decided that as soon as they get to the farm she would resume trying to get him closer to her. "I'll let him have that one" Misty said to herself. Ten minutes pass and they arrive at the gates of the farm. "Umm where here," Marlton said nervously. Misty got up opened the door and stepped out the bus "Home Sweet Home" misty said laughing. "Give me a few minutes," Marlton said. "Sure," Misty said looking back and smiling at Marlton. Marlton awkwardly smiled back fully aware that Misty had been hitting on him. Misty jumped over the fence with her shotgun at hand, looking around all of her fond childhood memories came back to her, remembering a big part of her life that was spent here. Misty looked at the barn remembering when she used to play in the hay and write stories all night. She went upstairs till she stopped very cautiously when she noticed blood on the floor halfway up the steps. She had her shotgun loaded as she walked to the top. She searched the floor until a zombie hidden behind some boxes fell on top of her along with the boxes. "Ahh FUCK" Misty yelled. She was trapped by the heavy boxes and couldn't escape with the zombie biting at her, the shotgun just out of reach. All she could do was cry for help. "MARLTON!! HELP ME.... shit" she cried while the zombie was biting at her. Marlton was still on the bus writing on his notepad that he was taking the day off when he heard misty scream. "Oh NO!" Marlton said to himself. He ran as fast as he could to the barn nearly tripping and falling over his feet. "FUCKING GET OFF ......... FUCKER!!" Misty said trying to push the zombie away with her one free hand. The zombie then grabbed Misty's head pulling her cap off and some of her hair out of her head. "AHH?!!??" Misty yelped. Marlton arrived at the barn running up the stairs as fast as he could. He saw her trapped in the boxes and the zombie on top with its arms tearing into Misty's hair. Marlton then quickly pulls out his pistol and puts a bullet in the back of its head, pouring blood onto Misty's face. "Ugh," misty yelped while blood poured on her. Marlton then pulled the body and boxes off of her as hard as he could, freeing her. Misty then crawled backward away from the boxes and up against the wall. Misty and Marlton both breathing heavily. "Shit the bastard was hidden," Misty said standing up and wiping the dust off her jeans. Marlton catches his breath then notices Misty's cap on the ground, he picks up handing it to her saying "You dropped this, it fits you well" which is the same thing Misty had said to him back downtown after her saving him from a zombie on top of him. "He.... Yeah" Misty said. "You ok?" Marlton asked. "Yeah... I uhh...umm... thanks" Misty said. "Excellent" Marlton said rubbing his arm avoiding eye contact with misty. "Um... Why don't I show you the place?" Misty asked. "Why of course I'm... curious," Marlton said. "Follow me" misty said picking up her shotgun and putting her cap back on. They then both walked down the stairs off the top floor of the barn.

After Misty showed Marlton around they eventually went up to her old room in her house. "And this is my old room" misty said showing Marlton up the stairs in the house. "Quite intriguing I might say," Marlton said. "Yeah, we're gonna stay up here tonight," Misty said. "Oh I think I'll stay in the shed," Marlton said. "Hey, cmon you're a friend dammit, just think of it like a sleepover," Misty said smiling. "Umm well there's only one bed in here and I need my personal space," Marlton said breaking a sweat. "Well there's no bed at all in the shed," Misty said with a devious smile. "Damn!" Marlton said in his head. "Plus I have something in here that can be fun," Misty said. "What?" Marlton asked. "Just a sec" Misty said as she got up and picked the bed up. Marlton was very anxious about what she could've had. Misty then pulled out a lockbox, a board game and a half-full bottle of whiskey. She then placed the bed back down and put the items on the bed. "Oh misty I don't wish to poison myself with an alcoholic drink," Marlton said. "Fine hehe... more for me" misty said removing a cork from the bottle and chugging a large portion of alcohol. A few hours had passed by and Marlton had beaten misty at the board game for the third time. "Haha I win again, Marlton Johnson was and will always be excellent at board games," he said proudly out loud. "Ah, shit... I was always the best at this game" Misty said. "Sorry Ma'am but I am the champion once again, we can go again but be aware... I will not go easy, haha" Marlton said in a cocky tone. "Well how about we do something else....." Misty said grabbing the lockbox. "Uhh I guess so you should rest, after all playing against an intelligent individual such as myself is not an easy task haha," Marlton said. Misty then opened the box in front of her not revealing what she was doing. "What are you doing? It appears you are crafting something?" Marlton asked. "Just gimme a few," Misty said. After four long minutes misty was done doing what she was doing. "Hehe, I'm done you wanna see what I've got?" Misty asked. "Yeah, did you actually make some kind of device? Oh! Oh! Or did you repair something, I'd be very impressed" Marlton said with excitement. Misty then lowers the lockbox revealing five rolled cigars with marijuana in it. "Hehe," misty laughs. "Are those.... umm....uhh.." Marlton said. "Blunts!!" Misty said smiling while finishing his sentence. "WHAT?!" Marlton said surprised. "We're gonna get high as fuck Marley haha" misty said laughing and snorting. "I DON'T INTOXICATE MYSELF WITH DRUGS!!!" Marlton said standing up and waving his hands frustrated.
"Oh for fuck's sake man, this doesn't even hurt you," Misty said rolling her eyes. "...... It's still a drug" Marlton said turning around and crossing his arms. "C'mon man, the world's gone to shit there's dead bastards walking around eating things, you can't overdose on it, will be safe in here, c'mon please!!" Misty said. Marlton turns around and sees misty handing him a blunt, he was clean all throughout his life and was nervous about how this would affect his body. "I don't know misty, I've never done anything even similar to that" Marlton said. Misty then got up and confronted him. "Look all that's gonna happen is your body will feel completely relaxed, you'll probably get a little hungry and probably even get the giggles, cmon I wouldn't lead you astray, you saved my life," Misty said. "What if it messes with my mind, WHAT IF IT DESTROYS MY INTELLIGENCE?!?" Marlton said breathing heavily. "It ain't gonna, cmon this is the good shit and I've got food in the kitchen that's still good, I wanna repay you with a nice relaxed evening," Misty said. "..........Will you look after me if I react strangely?" Marlton asked. Misty giggled and snickered saying "Yeah trust me you'll like it" she then walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen "I'm grabbing some chips and candy," she said. Marlton was extremely nervous and frightened for the worse. Misty knew that if he got him relaxed she could make some moves on him and earn trust with the relaxed feel of marijuana and hopefully for her sexual activities. She grabbed all the snacks and ran back up the stairs into the room. "Alright Marley let's light this shit up," she said putting a blunt in her mouth and lighting it.