Chapter 10: Great Enemy

"That vile woman trying to manipulate me," Marlton said while loading his M1911. "She just wants to use me and turn me into the aggressive, arrogant, despicable trash that she is," Marlton said frustrated from misty pushing and hitting him earlier. Marlton had a plan to kill Misty and survive back on his own like he already was just a week ago before he met Misty. Misty was on the roof crying from what she had done to Marlton, she was disgusted with her self not being able to control her violent nature. She sat up in a fetal position with a cigarette in her hand. She had smoked almost a whole pack and was running low. "Fuck I'm stupid for hitting him! Wait ago Misty being a stupid bitch again, hitting someone YOU ACTUALLY LOVE AND CARE FOR!" Misty said frustrated with herself as she began to cry once more. "No more from you woman! " Marlton said. "What?!?" Misty said surprised. Marlton had gone up to the roof with a gun pointed right at her head. "This is the second time I've had to raise my gun at you! .... and the last" Marlton said with his gun raised high and his confidence greater than ever. "Wha... what..?!?..... but..... but... it's me... Misty!" Misty said while crying and breaking down in front of him. "Exactly that why I'm doing this!" Marlton said cocking his gun. Misty was shocked and horrified to see Marlton willingly putting a gun to her head. "You're predictable for our predicament.  You were going to kill me with your shotgun back a few days ago, then you manipulate me into smoking marijuana and performing dreaded acts of sexual content with a woman I barely... then worse of all you tell me you love me and the very next day you attack me  and crack my glasses, you're a disturbed individual Misty." Marlton said disgusted with her and ready to pull the trigger. Misty started breaking down crying, she starts shaking with terror and feels her heart sink to her feet. "I DESERVE IT!!! YOUR RIGHT, IM A HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING A LOW LIFE! JUST KILL ME. I  FINALLY FOUND SOMEONE THAT I ACTUALLY FOR LOVE AND I TREATED HIM LIKE SHIT AND FORCE YOU TO DO THINGS YOU DIDN'T WANT! IM HORRIBLE JUST KILL ME PLEASE!" Misty yelled while crying and shaking with fear. Marlton was shocked by her Breakdown and didn't see this human side of Misty before. "Uhh ... I uhh" Marlton said. Misty then grabs maltons gun and puts it to her head. "Just fucking do it, and just know that I'm sorry," Misty said crying heavily. Marlton then places his finger on the trigger and thinks of pulling it to put her out of her misery. "No... I can't" Marlton says while pulling the gun out of her hands. "What?!?" Misty says shocked. "I'm not a savage killer, I'm the bigger person here Misty. Yeah okay, you're flawed but that's what makes you human. I can't do it. Everyone deserves a better life.... everyone...." Marlton says while putting his gun in the back of his pants. Misty shocked continues to cry. Marlton places his hand out to her. Misty takes Marltons hand and Marlton helps her up. "I'm so sorry" Misty says as she stops crying whipping the tears from her eyes and face. Misty then hugs Marlton. "I really am" Misty says. "I know you are I can see it" Marlton says pulling away from her hug. "I've never been so intimate with someone before, let alone a woman. We have to work on becoming friends. Not.... whatever that night was back at the farm." Marlton said. "Yeah!" Misty said regaining her posture. "Fresh start?" Marlton said while putting his hand out to shake. "Yeah.... fresh start" Misty said as she shook Marltons hand. "Then let's restart" Marlton said as they walked back down into the diner.