Chapter 3

"Luke stop it right now! I'm not kidding! Luuuukkkkkeeeeeee"

And he did it again. He made me fall one giant, crushing, heaping fall harder. He looked at me with adoration on his face. It's times like these when I am convinced he likes me back.

"Kayyyllllleeeeeeeee" Luke whined, mimicking me. I smiled and looked at him, and continued to eat my chips that Luke had stole. I mean how many times do I have to tell him if he wants his own to get them!

"Ah home-sweet-Kaylee's house" Luke sighed. Yup you got it right. He was over my house all the time. And when he wasn't at mine, I was at his. Our family's loved each other and always joked how we would end up together one day. Oh how I hope how right they are.

7 years ago I moved across the country. I didn't want too. Not at all. I mean can you blame me? I had just turned 9 and 4th grade was over. I was finally going to the older kids school and could not be more excited. I had good friends who I've known since birth and couldn't believe my parents. They were so happy because my dad got a promotion for his job. But that meant we had to move straight across the country. I had to leave everyone and everything I ever knew. I was a Cali girl by blood. I was born there. My parents were born and grew up there. There parents were born and grew up there. I couldn't leave. It was destiny to grow old with someone in California. Have kids and watch them grow up and have their own kids. But my destiny got changed. It brought me to Rhode Island. Which was the best thing that ever happened, because it brought me to Luke.

"Sweetie! Oh and Kaylee! How was school? Did you guys have a good day?" My mom questioned as she made us a snack. Yes I know I just had chips, get over it I like food... a lot.

My mom placed cookies in front of us and me and Luke both went for the same one. "Luke move your hand. It's mine."

"No way!!! It's the perfect cookie. Look at it. It's mine!!!!"

"Luke move your hand. I'm not saying it again. I mean it. The. Cookie. Is. Mine."

"Kaylee. How about you move your hand. Besides I'm the guest!"

"Luke! You basically live here. Your here more than me!"

"Ok well still. Just move your hand."

My mom was standing off to the side and was rolling her eyes. "Guys! If you both want it just split it. It's not like there are about 20 other cookies right by it."

When neither of us made a move my mom dodged for the cookie. Took it. And ate it. Me and Luke both looked at her in astonishment. This may happen at least once a week but it was still a shocker when one of our parents took our food. Me and Luke both love food.

"Mom!"

"Jen!"

Me and Luke had no words. He took the plate of cookies and we both marched up the stairs to my room.