Chapter 21

Nash pov:

I rant to Lilly who was unconscious. I grabbed her hand as if she could feel it. They started to roll her into the ambulance when one of us had to go with her but I don't know if I can.

"Go!" Cameron said, I could tell he was broken.

I climbed in and couldn't believe what was happening, I didn't want to. She's my best friend. What even caused this?

"Sir?" The nurse asked.

"Uh yeah?" I said wiping my face.

"We need you to talk to her. It sounds crazy but she can still hear everything that's going on she just can't respond of open her eyes."

"Oh alright. Yeah, I can do that." Deep breath Nash. "Hi Lil. It's me, Nash. Your gonna be alright, I promise. I'll be with you every second." I paused. "Don't leave me. You can't leave me."

"Start saying things she likes or something." The nurse said making me change the subject.

"Oh, right. Well you love Ben and Jerry's. A lot. I mean, you could eat a tub full of fudge brownie, or whatever, and want more. Your laugh is contagious, your dimples make everyone smile. Your the strongest person I know. I mean look at you."

I paused and looked for her. My heart broke. Scrapes were everywhere, there were huge road rashes the size of a baseball. Her face was cut up but she still managed to be the most beautiful girl in the world.

"Why can't you see me the way you see Cameron." My voice whispered.

"Were here." The nurse said.

We got out and they were rushing her to emergency surgery. I followed them till the door.

"You gotta wait here." The nurse said.

"Oh.. right." I said.

"I'll wait with you." She said and sat next to me.

It was silent most of the time. Then she broke the awkward silence.

"She should be alright. Just minor stuff."

I sat there.

"You know, I think you need to tell her."

"What?" I said.

"That you like her. It's obvious. Oh and she will remember everything you said to her."

My heart sank. Crap.

"I can't tell her."

"Why not. She has a boyfriend? So what. It's gonna kill you until you tell her." She giggled.

"I just can't. I want to but I literally can't speak to her normally when I'm around her anymore."

"It shouldn't be perfect. What makes a girl smile the most is when you say it from your heart and it's not rehearsed. Now might not be the best time but think about it." As soon as she finished her pager went off.

"Gotta go." She stood up and looked at me. "good luck." She smiled.

"Thank you." I said and she walked away.

The rest of the time I waited until they rolled Lilly out. When they did, they were all smiling, which meant it went well. We walked to the room and the doctor told me she can hear me, and everything that is wrong.

"Thank you for everything doctor." I shook his hand and sat next to Lilly. I grabbed her hand and decided to tell her. I can do it when she can't respond because I don't want to know what she's gonna say, not yet.