Prologue; A little blood-stained note...

My name is Elizabeth Tremblay. I am 25 years old as for today, the 25th March 2023.  I was born the 8th november 1997. I have a elder brother, a twin sister and a younger sister, as well as a step-brother and a step-sister as well.  But they come in later...

My brother's name is Aidan Tremblay. He's tall with brown eyes of dark chocolat and as equally dark hairs, usually long to the base of his neck. He was my confident and best friend before anything else. He always was there for me and my sisters, he never once failed us. Even when dad was not here, mourning mother, and our family left of on our own, even when no one else was there, he still stood by and with us, loyal and strong.  He was the pillar of the family. He was always taller than me with him being 6'' high and, seeing as he is older, the 'leader' of our little family group. He was relaxed around his friends and of the 'popular' crew.  You know, the one that everyone seeks attention and approval from.  Yeah, that one.  I never understood clearly why either, I mean he is not that special, just any normal kid.  But they picked him and he fit well with them before.  After he just, didn't want that life of multiples girlfriends a month and such.  In short, no words can explain the care I have for him. Not even a thousand of them, or even images, can begin to tell you the love I bore for him.  I loved him so much (as my brother, mind you) that when he withdrew from his friend group rumours began to work that him and I had an incestuous relationship.  Crazy talk from unknowing people, nothing more.  And so we ignored it.  They weren't worth our time.

And then comes my sister. My twin sister, to be exact. Her name is Anna. A short nickname for Annabelle, a french name such as my mother loved them, being french canadian and all. She is my obvious other half, my dearest sister, the very copy of my soul.  Hard to explain it like this, or on paper, and I can't say it at all, but she is.  Maybe later you'll understand. Without her I would be lost most of the time, both in the world and in myself. She is everything I am not. Patient, carefull, thoughtfull... and then, you guessed it, she is my splitting image. Long, dark hair with hints of a light brown. Dark blue and green eyes, pair as they say. Same noses, same rosy cheeks, same grinning lips. At least before.... Never could I think of another to tell the darkest secrets I could not even tell my elder brother.  Execpt for the diary you now hold.  In there are things I might never have told anybody.  And you'll understand why too.  Back to the subject, she understood me and worked with me, instead of working to make me a better, more normal person. She understood my every fantaisies. Never complained about them either, and joined them sometimes. Oh, how dear she is to me. They all are.  Or were.  Where would I be without them? I do not know. Not where I am today. I know you are confused. Just wait. I will tell you right after this.

And not to forget Faith. Oh, little Faith.... She is the youngest of us. The most pure and innocent thing of all, yet the strongest person I was ever given to meet.  A warrior of the kindest soul, younger yet older then her own age. Dirty blond hair, looking more like mine over the years fell down past her shoulder blades. She had the same blue eyes as dad... always happy, and very easy to read once you get to know her better.... She was the one who brought me back, who saved me. Who made me realize the extand of all the magic I hold inside me.  That we all hold inside us. I would have died to protect her. Who knows - maybe that's what He means. When he says my heart will make another beat a little longer.  But I already sacrified everything I could to ensure her happiness and no more can be done.  Oh, how I wished there would be another way for me to go about this. But this journal, I am sure, will be the first thing you will check once I am gone. And this is only way for me to let you know what happened to me -to us. The others keep similar journals, I am sure. Where? I know not. We don't each other that. What we write in it, it's ours only. Taking it - it's revealing the darkest part of me that even my twin and my lover ignored the existence of. And I hope that if you know this is not for you to read, then that you'll just put it down and wait for the right person to read it.