Our Dirt Road Diary

Luke's POV

Today I head down to Georgia Southern for my last year of college. I've been goin there and workin with my dad at his peanut plant for the last few years since my brother died.

*a few hours later*

It was about 3 o'clock in the afternoon when I finally got to the campus and began to unload my truck of my things. As I walking to the admin. building, I couldn't really see because of the boxes and I ended running into someone and falling over, dropping a box of my stuff.

Reagan's POV:

Today I start college at Georgia Southern University and I'm kinda excited but also a little nervous. When I got there I took a few small boxes out of my car and began walking to the admin office when I bumped into and fell. After that everything went black.

Luke's POV:

I looked up from where I fell and saw a girl on the ground not moving. "Great job Luke your first day back and you already hurt someone." I thought. I picked her up and carried her to my truck and drove her to the hospital. When I got there I turned the truck off and carried her inside. A nurse immediately came over and helped me lay her on a bed.

"What's her name son?" she asked me. "I-I don't know. I ran into her when I walking inside campus. I think she's a student at GSU with me but I don't know for sure." I explained. "It's okay hun we'll take care of her." he said smiling. "Uh would you mind letting me know when she's in a room. I'd kinda like to go see if she's okay and apologize to her." I said looking down.

"Sure honey. I'll let you know as soon as I can." she nodded and went back with the girl. "Oh I didn't catch your name." she said. "Oh I'm sorry, my name is Luke."

*1 1/2 - 2 hours later*

I sat there in the waiting room for almost two hours when the nurse finally came out. "Luke?" I heard her say. I walked up to her and she smiled. "She's sleeping but you're welcome to stay for a while. Three doors down the hall." she told me. I smiled, thanked her and walked down the hall to her room.

Just then I froze. I wasn't sure what to say to her when she wakes up or what to do while she's still asleep. I guess I'll just wing it. Here goes nothing. I quietly walked in, pulled a chair up by her bed and sat down. She was beautiful. Long blonde hair, soft tan skin. Only thing I don't yet is the color of her eyes. Suddenly as I kept thinking about the many things I don't yet know about her she started to wake up.

Reagan's POV:

I started to wake up and had a pounding headache. I don't remember drinking though, or going to a bar.. I thought. My eyes slowly began to regain sight. I tried to sit up but didn't have the energy to. Just as I looked around, I saw a cute guy with brown hair and brown eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked confusedly. "I-I'm Luke. How do you feel?" he sincerely asked. "I'm okay, just a bad headache." I replied. "Just stay put sweetie, I'm gonna go get a nurse." Luke explained as he left my room. I'm not sure why he's here but I ain't complaining about it.

As I continued to day dream about the handsome mystery guy who was here when I woke up, he entered the room again, this time not alone, but with a nurse who smiled and said, "Hi hun. Luke said you seem to have a headache. Looks like you have a concussion but you should be fine after a week or so." she smiled. She then put some fluids in the iv tube into my hand and said, "It's just some pain meds. That should help." before she left, she smiled again then vanishe into the hallway.

There stood Luke, with nothing but an innocent concerning look on his face. "Uh she said you have to stay the night but you can leave tomorrow around noon." Luke explained. "Why would she tell you all that?" I questioned. "Well I don't know if you remember but we were walking toward the same building and I couldn't see you because of the boxes I was carrying." he sighed. I just looked at him.

"Well anyway darlin, I ended up walking right into you and we both fell backward and I guess you hit your head." "And how did I get here?" I asked. "Oh I carried you to my truck and drove you here." He told me. "Oh, you didn't have to do that."