Chapter 16

Reagan's POV:
*a couple months later*
So Luke and I have been doing really well. We've been in Nashville for a few months now and Luke has been playing gigs as much as possible. He basically plays anywhere with a big enough crowd. A few weeks ago he was approached by a record label but after he had talked to them about a few things that they wanted him to do, he decided it wasn't the right fit for him.
*a week later*
Luke's POV:
Lately things haven't been going as planned. I quit my job as a waiter at the restaurant, I just wasn't happy. Carter and I have been playing gigs almost every night now and it's been hard. We barely see the girls anymore because they work so much at the bar. Right now it's Sunday and it's the only day we all have off so Reagan and I are at hanging out in the apartment. "Luke we need to talk." She said out of the blue. "What's up?" I asked. "I'm starting to get worried." "About what sweetie?" I asked. "What if it takes longer than we expected for you to get a record deal?" "Well I don't know. But it's my dream and I don't wanna give it up." I told her. "Even if it means giving up us?" She asked. I looked up at her and saw tears in her eyes. "What are you saying?" I questioned. "Luke I'm trying here I really am but I can't do this right now." She looked down. "So basically we're breaking up? Is that what this is?" I kind of yelled. "I'm sorry Luke I just can't live like this right now." She sighed and began crying. "I'm leaving tomorrow to go back to Georgia. I'm gonna finish school and we'll see what happens. I'm so sorry Luke. You know I love you but I just don't know if living like this will be worth it in the long run." She cried. "Fine, just go, I'll figure this out on my own then." I grabbed my keys and was ready to leave when she said, "Luke please don't go." She tried to grab my arm but I pulled away and walked out the door. I can't believe she's breaking up with me over something like this. I know I'm not perfect and it's been a while. I know I'll get a record deal though. I drove around for a while and then I found a small field. I parked on the side of the road, turned the truck off and dropped the tailgate. I had a few pieces of paper and my guitar so I decided that I should try to write a song or at least start writing a song. Unfortunately after a few lines my allergies started acting up. Yes I'm a country boy and I'm allergic to grass. It sucks but I try not to let it get to me all the time. Just as I was about to turn off the truck go up to the apartment, Carter called.
Phone convo: C-carter L-Luke
L-hello
C-man what the hell happened with you and Reagan? She's here with Cassie crying her eyes out basically.
L-well maybe if we didn't break up I might be a little more understanding but since she can't seem to see past the hard stuff she just broke up with me.
C-man just come home before you do something stupid.
L-I'll come home when I'm ready and I'm not right now. I'm just driving around right now anyway
*Luke hangs up*
*end of conversation*
I left the parking lot again and drove around once more. The three of them were blowing up my phone. I put it on silent and threw it on the passenger seat. It was getting late but I wasn't nearly ready to go home yet. I saw this little diner down the road that's open 24 hours so I decided I might as well eat while I'm here. I parked the truck, grabbed my keys and went in. I saw down at a small booth and a young waitress walked over to me and man was she pretty. She's average height, has nice blonde hair and I noticed she was wearing boots. Sounds like my kinda girl, I thought. "Hey handsome what can I get you to drink?" She asked. "Just a coffee, thanks." I smiled. She nodded and walked off. I looked at my phone and I had texts from Carter, Cassie and one from Reagan too. I looked at Cassie's first. It read: Luke I don't know what happened with you guys but please come home soon. Reagan is a wreck. "Well maybe she shouldn't have given up on everything we've worked for, I thought. Then the waitress came back. "Here's your coffee darlin, you ready to order?" She asked. "Yeah, uhh I'll have a ham and cheese omelet and hash browns on the side." I told her. "I'll be back with that in a little bit." She winked and I smiled at her before she walked off again. I looked at Carter's message: Luke just come home. I know you're hurting but please, the longer you're out, the worse things are gonna get. Yeah okay, I thought. Lastly I looked at Reagan's: Luke I miss you, that's not how I wanted to say that. I'm just not sure if this is the right thing for me right now. Call me when you get this 😘. I texted her back, "I don't really wanna talk right now." and sent it. A couple minutes passed and the waitress came back with my food. "Here you go, you alright honey?" She asked. "No I'm fine, I doubt you wanna hear my problems." I sighed. "I'm on my break." She smiled and sat down across from me. I guess I should talk since I have the chance.
Reagan's POV:
After Luke left I went over to Cassie and Carter's place. As soon as she opened the door I started bawling my eyes out. Carter was there too and he told me he was gonna call Luke. "Hey Rea, I called him. He seems pretty mad. I'm sorry sweetie, I tried to get him to come home. He said he's been driving around for a while." Carter explained. "Driving around where?" I asked. "I don't know but I mean it's better than saying he's at a bar or something bad like that." "Ugh I just wish he would come home. This is not the way I wanted to do this." I sighed and looked down. "It's okay sweetie, he'll come around." He rubbed my back and gave me hug. Cassie said she was going to bed so I hugged her and she disappeared into their bedroom. Carter came and wrapped his arms around me. I cried into his chest rethinking if this was really the best decision. "Carter am I wrong for wanting leave already?" I asked. "The truth?" He asked. I nodded. "Maybe, I mean none of us knew how long it would really take. I think you're just worried that you've been in Luke's way of him living his dream. "You love him don't you?" He asked. I nodded. What the hell have I done?

A/N:
hey y'all sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with school and I had writers block but now that Christmas break is coming up I'll try to get stuff back on track for all my stories. DM me any questions or things you wanna tell me, love y'all!!!
Leave some comments!