Chapter 12

Luke's POV

"Momma?" I hollered as we walked in. "Luke is that you baby?" "Yeah where are y'all?" "In the kitchen!" I smiled and put my arm around Reagan as we walked to the kitchen. When we got in there my momma ran up to us but skidded to a stop when she saw my arm. "Luke what in the hell happened to you? Are you okay?" She questioned. "Momma I'm gonna be fine. It's just my shoulder and I didn't even get stitches or nothing." I told her. "Sweetheart do you know what happened?" She asked Reagan. "Can we talk about this later please? During dinner maybe?" I pleaded. "Okay I'm just glad y'all finally came home! I missed you Thomas."'she smiled. "Thomas?" Reagan looked confused. "Yes that's my real name." I rolled my eyes. Then my momma slapped my head. "Ow that actually hurt." I pretended to whine a little. "Thomas Luther you know better than to roll your eyes at me. Hi honey. I'm Luke's momma LeClaire." "Hi I'm Reagan Thompson, uhh Luke's girlfriend." She added. "Well ain't you cute. Why don't y'all set your things down. I'm fixing dinner right now. Luke why don't you take Reagan to meet your father, he's out by the barn." She winked. I grabbed Reagan's hand and we walked out by the barn. "Daddy you here?" I hollered. "Luke I'm over here by the tractor." He yelled back. I walked over by the tractor and sure enough he was right there working on it. "Hey daddy. I want you to meet someone. He looked up. I grabbed Reagan's hand and said, "This is Reagan. My beautiful girlfriend. Reagan this is my dad, Tommy." I smiled and so did he. "Nice to meet you honey. Is my son treating you well?" He questioned. I just rolled my eyes. Reagan laughed and replied, "Yes Mr. Bryan he's wonderful. You and his momma raised him good sir." My dad smiled at her and gave her hug.

Reagan's POV:

Luke wandered off and Tommy came closer to me. "Welcome to the family hun. You know you're one of only a few girls that Luke has brought home? You must be pretty special to him." "Well I hope so. He's real special to me. He sure makes me happy Mr. Bryan." I smiled. "Honey please you can call me Tommy or dad, whatever you prefer. I think you and Luke are good together." He gave me a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek before we walked outside to find Luke. He was wandering around outside, almost like he was looking for or thinking about something. "Luke what's wrong?" "Huh? Oh nothin. Momma just told me dinner is almost ready." Luke answered. "Alright y'all let's get inside before food gets cold." His dad smiled. Luke tangled our hands together as we walked in the back door to the kitchen. Momma had set the table already so we all sat down to eat. Luke's dad said grace then we began to eat. His momma made steak and potatoes and some corn too. "This is delicious. I thought my mom made good food but I really like this." I smiled. "Thank you honey I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." His mom smiled back. Luke wiped the side of his cheek before putting his hand on my leg under the table. "So Reagan why don't you tell us about yourself?" Tommy said to break the silence. "Well what do y'all wanna know?" I asked. "Did he meet your parents already?" His dad asked. "Yes sir," I glanced at Luke. This should be interesting.

"And how'd that go?" Tommy asked. "Uhh well her dad did not take to kindly to me." Luke gulped. "So what happened?" His momma asked. "Well dad has a bad temper and so when Luke came, he was calm at first, but they did have a minor falling out at what became the end of our visit." I explained, "After that I decided that we should leave because I didn't want Luke to go through any more bad things because of them or me for that matter." "Baby I would go through hell for you, I just want you to be happy." Luke smiled. He kissed my forehead and we continued eating. Luke sighed, "Alright we might as well just tell y'all now, my arm is in a sling right now because her dad grabbed my arm and twisted it back so hard, my shoulder popped. Then when I fell, he kicked me in the ribs and I have a big bruise now." Luke explained. "Luke lift your shirt, let me see this." His dad ordered. Luke lifted his shirt with his good arm and when I saw the bruise I couldn't believe it. Luke that should've gone down by now. What if you have broken ribs?" I was almost crying. "I'm gonna freshen up a little bit." Luke winced with a little pain as he got up. He wasn't back after a few minutes so I went to check on him. I knocked on the bathroom door. "Luke are you okay?" "Come in." He said. He didn't sound too good. I opened the door and he could barely stand up straight. "Luke oh my god you need to go to the hospital if you're hurt this bad." I exclaimed. He started coughing a lot.

I told his momma and then I helped him get to the truck. When we got to the hospital I held him so tight. They took him back to a room and made me waited until he was better. "Thomas Bryan's family?" I got up and went over to the doctor. "Luke's in there. I don't know how this didn't happen sooner. He has two broken ribs and one more that the bone is bruised. He's lucky it isn't worse." The doctor told me what room he was In and then left. I wen to his room and he was lying on the bed. The doctor told me he was sweating from his ribs making it hard for him to breath. He turned and smiled when he saw me. His shirt was off but half his upper body was bandaged up. I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed his cheek. The doctor said he could go home tomorrow. We called his parents and they said that if I wasn't with Luke I could stay at the house so that made me feel better. I'm so pissed off at my dad. Luke had fallen asleep so I pulled a chair to the side of his bed and held his hand as I fell asleep.

*next morning*

I woke up and Luke was awake. He looked a lot better and his face wasn't pale anymore. "Good morning my prince charming." "Babe I'm sorry." He sighed. "For what?" "Being so accident prone and getting hurt like this." "Babe it's not your fault this was cuz of my dad. Let's just go back to your parents house, they're worried." I told him. He agreed and I helped him get dressed and we went back to the house. His momma was waiting and told Luke to stay on the couch. She didn't want him getting worse. Wish my mom was that worried about me. I helped her make lunch while Tommy talked with Luke. I hate to say this but I like him a lot better than my dad. He's real nice to me and even though Luke's parents aren't together they are here to be with him when he needs it. They treat me like their daughter and I'm so thankful I have his family. "Luke do you wanna just stay here tonight and well go back tomorrow or something?" I asked as I walked in. Luke was keeping ice on the side of his stomach to help the pain. He seemed to be getting better little by little. "Yeah baby I guess we have to don't we?" He kinda laughed but it hurt.

*the next day*

Luke's POV:

Well after another little hospital episode, we finally were able to spend some time with my parents. They really seem to like Reagan and I'm happy about that. We have to go back to campus today which kinda sucks but whatever. I promised my parents I'd finish school before Nashville. I really want her to meet Kelly and Lee too. Plus I haven't seem Jordan and I miss her like crazy. Oh well time to start that school grind again.