Chapter 8: Part 2

Luke's POV:

We walked out the back door and she said, "Wait here I'm gonna tell daddy where we're going." She smiled and ran to the barn to tell him. A few minutes later she came back. "All set?" I asked. "All set baby." She smiled and got on tip toes to kiss me. "Love ya Lukey." "Love you too Rae." I pecked her lips once more and we walked down to the pond behind their house. "This is beautiful." I smiled. "But not as much as you baby girl." I added. "Nice save." She laughed. "Wasn't it? I thought so." I chuckled. "Yeah babe now come on let's fish!" She begged. "Alright baby let's fish!" I smiled.

*couple hours later*

I checked my watch it was almost 5 so I said, "Baby girl we should probably be heading back now." I picked up my pole. "Alright. Let's go babe." She grabbed her pole in one hand and intertwined her other hand with mine. I kissed her cheek and we walked back up. On the way back to the house, she untangled her hand from mine and at first I didn't know why until she took my hat and put it on backwards. "Hey give it back." I whined. "No I'm your girlfriend, therefore I get to wear your hat." She explained. "You're lucky you look so cute." I winked. I leaned down and pecked her on the lips. We walked to the back door and her mom was waiting for us. "That's enough of that you two." She winked at me. "Yes ma'am sorry." I half smiled. "No need to apologize, don't do it in front of her dad." She warned. "Alright momma let's eat." Reagan ran inside. I rolled my eyes and followed her. We all sat down, I was next to Reagan and her parents sat across from us. We said grace and began to eat. Her momma made ham, corn, and mashed potatoes. It was really good. "This is really good, my momma makes things like this at our house a lot too." I said. "Glad you like it sweetie." Her mom smiled. "So Luke what are your plans for after college?" Her father asked. "Uhh I'm hoping to move to Nashville to pursue my music further." I explained. "Oh you're one of them singer types are ya?" My dad sighed. "Now what's that supposed to mean?" I shot back.

"Daddy be nice." "No Reagan, I would like to know what he thinks my "type" is." I said raising my voice a little bit. "You're gonna be singing, if you make it big you'll be on tour, who's to say you won't hang out with fans." Her dad explained. "So what the hell are you trying to say, that I'll cheat on Reagan? I would never do that and for many reasons. One, my momma raised me better than that, two I love her very much and three her happiness is what matters to me most because if she ain't happy then I'm doing something wrong and I want her to always happy." I continued and by now I was almost crying.

"And lastly, I have he upmost for respect for her. I think she's the most beautiful girl that I've ever seen and I would never do anything to hurt her. But since you can't see past that because I wanna be a singer, that I'll respect your wishes and leave. But I'll never stop loving you're daughter because until even now after the rude things you've said, she's the girl I wanna marry." I was furious and about to punch something so I decided I should leave. I got up from the table and said, "Ma'am thank you for dinner but I think it's best I leave before I do anything I regret." I left the room and grabbed my bag, made sure I had my keys and was about to head to my truck but Reagan stopped me. "Luke stop and think about this." "Think about what Reagan? He just disrespected me and the things that I love. I can't be here. If I am there's a good chance I'll take a swing at your dad whether I'm mad or not and since he's already made his decision to hate me, I'll just go so he's happy. I'll call you later." I opened the door. "Here." She said handing me my hat. I looked at her, then the hat, then back at her, and sighed. I put the hat back in her hand, grabbed my bag from the porch and got in my truck.

I couldn't help but cry as I drove away from my baby girl. I found a hotel nearby and decided to get a room there for the night because I was too tired to drive back to campus. I threw my bag on the chair and plopped down on the bed. I closed my eyes and decided to try and get some sleep.

A couple hours later I woke up. I realized I haven't called Reagan yet. I picked up my phone and dialed her number. "Hello?" She was crying. Shit. "Hey baby girl." "Luke. Baby where are you? I wanna see you." She replied. "Won't your dad be mad at you?" I snapped. "He doesn't control me. I wanna see my boyfriend who happens to be you. So please tell me where you are?" She begged. "I can't, I love you and I don't want you to be around me right now because I don't wanna do anything bad." I told her. "Please Luke. Don't do anything bad." She cried. "No promises. Reagan I know you're upset and I'm sorry. Please believe me I never wanted this to happen. I love you but I can't go back." After that I hung up.

Reagan's POV:

I can't believe what just happened. My dad isn't even giving Luke a chance. Luke was flaming mad and honestly I don't blame him. My dad was being a total jerk. Luke stood up and left the table. I heard him grab his bag and that's when I left the table, grabbed his hat and met him at the front door. We both said some things to each other and then he drove off. I was so pissed at my dad. Because of him I lost the only guy that truly made me happy. He said he was gonna call me later and I hoped he was telling the truth. I ran to my room, not bothering to finish dinner when my mom came in. She rubbed my back as I cried, missing Luke.

Hours later he finally called. We didn't talk long. He was upset and hung up. I guess I'll give him time but I'm sure as hell not giving up on him. I decided that I'm gonna look for him tomorrow morning. He couldn't have gotten that far.

Luke's POV:

I feel bad about hanging up on her but I couldn't talk to her. Not right now. I hope she knows I'm not giving up, I just need time. I laid down and soon feel asleep.

*next morning*

I woke up early which is normal and just decided to chill here until I had to check out.

An hour later I ordered room service for breakfast and heard a knock at the door. I had a feeling I knew who it was. And I was right. I opened the door and my baby girl was standing there wearing jeans over her boots and a sweatshirt. It was raining too. Then I noticed she was wearing my hat. She was looking into my eyes and I just grabbed her and hugged her so tight. We just stayed like that forever. When it was time to check out, I returned the room key and paid then we left in my truck. Her mom had dropped her off here earlier.