Chapter 3

Reagan's POV:
I can't believe Luke asked me out. I was kinda hoping he would but I was happy he wanted to so soon. "I'd like that Luke." I smiled. "Great darlin. Oh by the way we can leave whenever you want after the nurse takes out your IV." he explained. "Great. I still have to unpack all my stuff at my dorm. Wait what happened to all the stuff I was carrying when I fell?" I questioned. "Oh I had my friend Carter gather it up and bring it to our dorm so no one takes it." he answered confidently.

"Really? Thanks Luke." I smiled. "You're welcome darlin." he smiled back. Just then the nurse came in. "Hi Reagan. Y'all ready to go home?" she asked me. "Yes ma'am more than ready." I nodded. She unhooked my IV and Luke left the room so I could change. "Oh no I thought! My poles are in the truck bed!" I quickly got ready and slipped my boots on. Luke was standing outside waiting and smiled when he saw me.

"Luke we gotta go back. What if someone took my pole from the truck bed?" I asked worriedly. "Pole?" he asked. "My fishing poles." I told him. "You fish?" he asked. "Dang right I do." I answered proudly. He smiled and when we got to his truck, he helped me in then got in himself.

A few minutes later we arrived back at Georgia Southern. I hopped out of the truck and went to mine which was nearby. I looked in the truck bed and thankfully my fishing pole was there and the rest of my stuff was still in the backseat. I took a sigh of relief and saw Luke next to me. "Everything here sweetheart?" he asked. "Yes it's all good." I replied. "Great. Hey uh why don't you get your room key and you can unpack and get ready?" he suggested.

"Sounds good." I smiled. He smiled back and kissed my cheek. "See you later beautiful." he winked. "Bye handsome." I waved. "Oh crap!" I heard him say. "Reagan wait!" he hollered. "Yes Luke?" I asked. "I just realized I never asked you for your number. And you don't have mine. I'm not gonna be able to find you later unless I can text or call you." he pointed out. "Well then I guess we better swap phones and add our numbers." I suggested back.

We swapped phones, I added my number and made my contact name Reagan😘😊 because I really am starting to like Luke and he hopefully likes me. Maybe I'll find out on our date tonight, I thought.

After we gave each other our phones back, Luke and I went our separate ways. I spent the rest of day unpacking my stuff and hanging up some pictures to make it feel more homey. Lol. After that I decided to take shower.

When I was done I dried off and let my hair dry straight. I decided to wear a pair of jeans with my boots and a nice shirt so I looked somewhat girly. Before I knew it, my phone lit up. Luke texted me saying, "Hey pretty girl:) I need to know your dorm number so I can find you. Let me know and I'll be over by 7 to pick you up. I texted back saying, "204 sweet boy. See you at 7." I grabbed a cute jacket I have and waited for Luke.

Luke's POV:

I can't believe I almost forgot to get her number. That would've been a dumb move. Thankfully I remembered ad before she went to unpack we swapped phones to put our numbers in each other's phones. I stood there for a minute and smiled at what he put her contact name as: Reagan😘😊. I did the same thing in hers so I guess that's a good sign.

When I got back to my dorm, I looked at the clock and decide to shoot her a text telling her I'd be there by 7 to pick her up. After that I looked at the clock an it wad already 4:30. I decided to find some clean clothes then I stripped, (y'all use that wonderful imagination for this (;) and took a shower. The water was warm and soon enough I was out, putting on some nice jeans, my boots and my Georgia Southern hoodie. I don't know how cold it's gonna get so I think I'm gonna bring an extra sweatshirt for Reagan if she starts to get cold.

*almost 2 1/2 hours later*

It's almost 7 o'clock and I'm a little nervous because I hope she likes what I have planned. Just as I was about to leave, Carter came in. "Now where could you be going all dressed up?" he questioned. "Out on a date. I'll see you later." I told him. I grabbed my phone, keys, and the stuff for tonight. I made a quick stop at my truck and then headed to her dorm.

When I got to her dorm I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. About a minute later she answered...and my jaw dropped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all! How are you liking the story so far? What do you think will happen next? Comments and votes! Love y'all! 😘😘