👻chapter ㅡ n i n e 👻

I couldn't sleep so I wandered around the house at four in the morning. I now noticed the displays in the living room. Kino's pictures when he was a kidㅡhis awards from dancing contests and even academics. I smiled. He was an adorable little kid. He looked less lonely and less on guard.

"Stalking in the middle of the night?"

I almost jumped by hearing his voice behind me. "I couldn't sleep. Besides, it's morning alreadyㅡbut too early for you to be awake."

"Okay, mom. I don't know why I woke up so early either. Come with me."

I frowned after getting called "mom", then I followed him to his room. He turned on his computer, illuminating his face. "Ah," I said. "You look like crap. Did you even sleep at all?"

He let out a sigh. "Of course." And then he started typing on the computer: LEE YUNA CASE OCTOBER 3. He turned to me. "If you can't handle seeing the images, you shouldn't look. You might disappear again."

I nodded and rested my back on his bed's headboard so I won't see the monitor. "Just tell me anything useful."

"I'm going to see if I could find out the hospital where they brought you."

"Kino," I called when silence came between us again.

"Hm?"

"When I almost disappeared, I think I heard something for a moment."

He turned to me. "What? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wasn't sure about it, but every now and then it would float inside my mind." I said and then I recited the words I that heard, "I can't lose you too, Yuna. Not after your mom."

Kino was silent for a while, Ella crept under his leg, clearly needing attention. "Could it be your dad?" He asked, taking the dog to his lap.

I nodded. "I think so, but... the more I find out something about myself, the more I get surprised. First, I was friends with someone like Gahee. Now, I don't have a mother anymore?"

"Maybe that's why you should want to wake up. You still have a father who's waiting for youㅡand who knows who else is waiting for you? From what it sounds, it seems like you're the only one your dad has."

He's right. If I'm the only one my dad has in his life, I don't think I can fathom the fact of leaving himㅡeven though I cannot remember what kind of relationship we had as father and daughter.

I must have zoned out for a while because Kino had found a new information by the time my attention went back to him. "I've found it!"

Kino and I headed to the hospital he found, but I stopped right before we enter the huge building. "Wait," I said, grabbing his arm.

"What?"

"How are you going to find me?"

"I'll think about it there."

"Not that," I said with a swallow. He looked at me for so long. "After that." I said.

Slowly, he smiled. "We'll be classmates."

"Will I... remember any of it?"

He shook his head. "I don't know."
My hand trembled as I let go of his arm. We headed inside the hospital. Kino went to find the room of the employees there and once we found it (the door with the STAFF ONLY sign), he quickly changed into their uniform.

"You're quite clever, aren't you?" I said, grinning.

"I'm just pretending I know what I'm doing." He said, grinning back at me.

"Now, you look good, nurse Kino." He laughed quietly before we left the room. He headed to the front desk and asked, "In which room is patient Lee Yuna? I'm scheduled to check on her today."

The lady behind the desk eyed him. "Are you new?"

"Oh, I'm an intern. It's my first day."

The lady nodded as if satisfied by his answer. "Lee Yuna is in ICU, room seven."

"Thanks!"

My knees trembled slightly as we made our way to the ICU. I swallowed and took several deep breaths until we reached room seven. Kino easily got inside the room, and I think we both froze to see my physical self. I'm laying on bed, eyes closed, tubes and bandages on my body.

A tear rolled down my cheek.

Kino held my hand. "We have no time. Try to return."

"H-how?" I asked.

"I don't knowㅡmaybe, lay on your own body?"

I looked at the heart monitor beside my body. It's beating normally. I walked towards my unconscious body and stared at it for a while.

"Now, Yuna." Kino said softly.

I looked at him and swallowed, "Will you make me remember?" I asked.

"Why do you want to remember?"

"Because I want to be your friend. Aren't we... friends?"

He looked at me for a while, then he nodded. "I guess, we are."

I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. "Now," he said. I nodded and laid down on myself. I looked at Kino one more time before I closed my eyes, wanting to remember his face. I wondered if by the time I open my eyes, he would be the first person I'd see.

• •

A/N: chapter eight still results as a draft to me but i see you guys voting on it so im sure it was published 🤔

anyway thank you guys for reading!
I UPDATED TO CELEBRATE PENTAGON GETTING IN MELON CHART FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! 💜

I'm sincerely so, so happy for them! From 95 to 67 spot~ I really hope they keep rising. They deserve it so much.

Also Kino is really giving my bias list a total wreckage. *cries* HE IS SO PRECIOUS MY HEART IS SO SOFT FOR HIM. HE IS SOO HAPPY THAT THEY CHARTED IN. He woke up everyone in their dorm hahaha and I heard he woke Hui up but then didn't get the reaction he expected from him (bcs hui was tired and wanted to sleep more lol) so he felt lonely ㅠ and then he woke up Shinwon and then Shinwon hugged him and he cried :') lol. UGHH SORRY  // ALSO SHINWON IS THE BEST 💜

I love Kino so much guys please stop him 😭😂😂