👻chapter ㅡ thirteen👻

Kino told his mom about the party over dinner. He was right; his mom was delighted to know he's living a normal teenage life.

"Sure, butㅡ"

"Please don't give me a curfew."

His mom sighed. "You'll be careful."

"I promise." he said with a smile. "Uh, mom?"

"Yes?"

"Can I go shopping tonight?"

She looked at him suspiciously. "Be sure you are going shopping and nothing else. I'll call the driver."

"Okay."

Before we leave, Kino's father got home. He's drunk again. I wondered what his job was. Kino's family is obviously well-off, but his dad always looked kind of irresponsible to me since he can't handle his alcohol intake well. Kino guided him to the couch. He went to the kitchen and got him a glass of cold water. And then he loosened up his neck tie and took off his shoes.

"You..." his dad said in a slurry manner. "You're a good son..." Kino froze. "If only you weren't... crazy..."

"Kino! I'll take it from here. Go, son." His mom said, appearing behind him. He quietly nodded and left.

"We don't have to continue shopping..." I told him on our way to the mall. He took out his phone and typed, WHY NOT?

"If you don't feel like itㅡ" He was already typing so I stopped. WE'RE SHOPPING. LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT DAD.

"Okay." I said, following him inside the mall.

I'm in awe of the mall. It's so huge, and so bright and there are so many people. I was careful not to bump into anyone or touch anything. Kino brought me to a shop filled with glamorous dresses. "What kind of party is Gahee even throwing?"

"Glamorous," he replied.

The sales lady took this as a compliment. "Are you shopping for a girlfriend, sir?"

"Ugh, nosy sales ladies." I muttered.

Kino smiled, "Yes."

"Waitㅡwhat?"
He shrugged as the sales lady turned around. "Let me show you our latest designs, sir."

Oh, my female heart. All these dresses are so gorgeous! My eyes are bawling out. The sales lady led us to the new displays. Three dresses laid out in front of us. Kino gave me a quick glance. "Are you telling me to pick?" I asked.

He nodded simply. I peeked at the price tag first. "Jeez! I may be a ghost but these are too expensive! Let's go."

"What do you think she'd like?" he asked the sales lady.

"Seriously!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"How is she like, sir?"

"Stubborn."

"What!" I said, frowning at him.

The sales lady laughed. "I meant, physically, sir."

"Uh, she glows." Kino said. This time, I laughed except when I realized the sales lady find him cute. And it hit meㅡKino is a natural lady charmer. He doesn't even need to try.

"I think the blue one might be good, sir." The sales lady suggested. I gasped. That one is beautiful; a powder blue chiffon dress with the same color of flowers on top.

"It's beautiful," I muttered, and then I looked at the price. "Jeez. The price tag is just as beautiful." 200,000 won. Kino smirked, "WeㅡI mean, I'll get it."