Chapter 4: Mr. Goatman and Walking steak

"Ellie, I'm home!" Danny shouted, expecting her mark meeting. Sure enough, his daughter jumped on his shoulders happily, "Guess what, sweetheart"

"What is it?" Ellie asked, shifting on her legs after Danny put her on the ground.

"We are going on the beach!" He smiled. Phantom overheard Jacksons' conversation. Since Danny needs to protect Percy, he will go as well, then why shouldn't he take his daughter? Her eyes gleamed with delight.

"Yuppie!" She shouted, "When, when, when?"

"When you pack your things, kiddo," Ellie immediately ran to get her little suitcase. Danny chuckled and started to pack his.

"Daddy, grandpa left a note in kitchen!" She shouted from her room. He raised an eyebrow and walked to the kitchen. Danny took a list of paper from the table.

'Dear Daniel,

I know you are planning a trip, so I decided to give you a transport. The keys are in your jacket'

He blinked. Then again. Then grin spreaded on his face. An hour later, the small family was ready to go.

"Alright, Ellie," Danny said, standing on one knee, so they would be the same height, "before we go, repeat the rules"

"Don't call you 'daddy' in public..." she narrowed her eyes in thought.

"And..."

"And dim the glowing"

"Right"

Ellie, to Danny's slight envy, could prevent her eyes from glowing, so she, besides her white hair, looked perfectly normal. They walked out of the apartment on the street. Danny smirked at the sight. There was a black bike with stroller. The last one had his mark white symbol. Phantom put their belongings on the bottom of the stroller. Ellie sat there, Danny put a helmet on her head and strapped the belt. He turned the keys, and the bike roared to life.

They rode to Montauk, Long Island. Clockwork teached Phantom how to put the mist over people, so nobody found it strange that teen was riding bike. Danny stopped near a small house, which he supposed was a motel. He walked to the guy near the door.

"Excuse me, sir. The sign says you have a free rooms," Danny said.

"Yeah, forty 'er night," Phantom took out money.

-Latteerr-

That night Percy had a vivid dream.

It was storming on the beach, and two beautiful animals, a white horse and a golden eagle, were trying to kill each other at the edge of the surf. The eagle swooped down and slashed the horse's muzzle with its huge talons. The horse reared up and kicked at the eagles wings. As they fought, the ground rumbled, and a monstrous voice chuckled somewhere beneath the earth, goading the animals to fight harder.

Percy ran toward them, knowing he had to stop them from killing each other, but he was running in slow motion. He saw the eagle dive down, its beak aimed at the horse's wide eyes, when green lighting hit the earth between them with a thunderous sound.

Percy woke with a start.

Outside, it really was storming, the kind of storm that cracks trees and blows down houses. There was no horse or eagle on the beach, just lightning making false daylight, and twenty-foot waves pounding the dunes like artillery.

With the next thunderclap, Sally woke. She sat up, eyes wide, and said, "Hurricane"

Percy knew that was crazy. Long Island never sees hurricanes this early in the summer. But the ocean seemed to have forgotten. Over the roar of the wind, he heard a distant bellow, an angry, tortured sound that made his hair stand on end.