Chapter 18: The Lighting thief

Living in a world where what is considered a mythology is actually truth, and actual beasts could devour you the second you step out of safe zone, survival could be considered an achievement. And it was. After Percy's arrival they threw a huge feast, where they got to burn the burial shrouds their cabins had made in their absence. Annabeth's was very nice, her half brothers and sisters did a very good job. And since Percy didn't have any, Ares cabin did him a favor. He felt no remorse burning his shroud.

But, there was no sign of Danny. Ellie was in care of Annabeth for the entire day, but the girl seemed pretty comfortable without her parent, which was rather strange for a child of her age. She was smart one, Ellie never planned to go out of the Camp, even if she gave the Athena's daughter a heart attack when she dissappeared without a sign. She couldn't understand how Danny handled the baby girl. Ellie was smart, she knew that going out of the Camp was dangerous.

She remained within its borders, even if she was a goddess, claws and teeth were painful. Clarisse and other members of Ares cabin didn't bother the girl, they only 'disliked' her father. And speaking of, Clarisse had cornered Percy and demanded to know what happened on Olympus. The last one just offered to tell at the feast and that was enough for her to leave him alone for some time.

And an hour of feast had come. Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s'mores, Percy was surrounded by his old Hermes cabinmates, Annabeth's friends from Athena, and Grover's satyr buddies, who were admiring the brand-new searcher's license he'd received from the Council of Cloven Elders. The council had called Grover's performance on the quest "Brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past."

Ellie was sitting on a tree branch nearby. How she got there was still a question.

"Hey, guys," Connor from Hermes cabin said. "Have you noticed that Mr. D isn't here?"

Percy looked at where the god was supposed to sit, and truly enough, his seat was empty.

"I heard there is something messy up there. Do you think Danny has something to do with this?"

"I won't be surprised. Have you seen how much Lord Zeus hates him? Plus all that thunder..."

The musings were interrupted by a loud ripping sound. Everyone looked at where the sound came from and saw a green tear hanging in the air. Almost everyone was stunned by seeing Phantom, wearing regal clothes and a green burning crown on top of his head. He looked really majestic in that stuff, but the image was ruined by an expression of exasperation on his face. Danny rubbed his temples with his free gloved hand, while leaning on cane with another.

"Now I understand why Hades never comes up there," he complained. "The headache is unbearable."

"You gave all of us headache, it is only fair," Dionysus appeared in his seat, summoning a can of Pepsi in his hand.

Danny gasped in fake surprise. "You hurt me, D, how can you say such things to your uncle?"

Everyone stared at him, not being able to process what was going on. Phantom turned to the bonfire and grinned.

"Oh, bonfire ceremony, cool," he uncapped his pearly cape and threw it into the fire. Wiping his hands, Danny looked at the crowd. "Alright, where is..."

"Daddy!" Ellie jumped on him, earning a laugh from the stark haired teen.

"Here you are," he chuckled, putting his daughter on the ground.

"Alright, guys, I have several messages," Phantom said, "First, I'm being kicked out of the camp after the summer ends. Big guys on Olympus would prefer me to stay at Tartarus."