16. growing pains

"Love....Dei.....wake up na....."

"Mamaya na....5 minutes...." Diego answers, pulling the covers over his ears.

"Sige na...bangon na....papasok na si Thirdy sa school...."

".....school bus...."

"Diba sabi mo kagabi, you'll see him off....mag-aantay yun..."

".....hmmm.....5 minutes....please....."

"Tapos na yung five minutes mo....bangon ka na...please...."

"Ang daldal mo e...."

"Sige na....what do you want for breakfast, pancakes?"

"....with bacon?"

"How many strips?"

"I want you to strip....in front of me..."

"Susmaryosep! Ang aga-aga pa, humaharot ka na..."

"Sige naaaa...."

"....ganito, I will obey your request if you get up now and shower na....dali na....naghihintay na si Thirdy....take a shower na and I'll cook your pancakes and bacon..."

"StripSSSS! And you'll strip?"

"...oo na..." Ricci says, pulling off the blanket from the Diego.

=      =      =      =      =      =      =      =

"Mama, where's Dada?" Thirdy asked.

"He's moving slower than usual, anak....it's okay...you'll see him later when you get home from school..."

"O sige po....bye bye!" Thirdy's school bus had arrived as Ricci came out of the bedroom.

=      =      =      =      =      =      =      =

Diego slowly rolled to his side to get up from bed. A sharp pain hit his belly as he stood up.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

Ricci came rushing into the bedroom; finding a puddle of water underneath Diego.

"Chhiiiiiii!!"

"What happened?"

"....I think it's time!"

Without further question, Ricci scooped Diego up and brought him to the car. They had already had several "meetings" and discussions about what needed to be done once it was time for Diego to give birth so even their helper, Nessa, knew what to do. Nessa brought Diego's bags to the car and called Tita Bing, Nanay and Daddy. Nanay, Daddy, Mai, Joey, and Jan were soon at the hospital

Because it was their second child, labor was shorter and a little less painful.

"Aaaaaah aaaaahhhh Ricccchhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrddddddddddd!!'

"OA nito! Sabi mo kanina kaya mo pa..."

"Practice lang...." Diego smirked.

"Susmaryosep!"

An hour later, Diego asked for an epidural as wave after wave of contractions began to hit.

"Ma'am...eh...sir....eh....ahh.....dito pa ang hawakan...." the male aide said as he tried to pry Diego's hand off from his wrist.