Senorita, His Signorina: Caesar x Issie

Joseph Joestar had also rescued Issie Ramirez from the clutches of the German soldiers; while in Mexico during his first fight with the Pillar Man Santana Sanviento. "Do you want to stay with your family, or help Joseph?''  Robert E.O. Speedwagon asked the young Mexican, which was a year older than the Joestar boy. 

"I might be of some use in Italy; despite not being gifted with Hamon, as far as I know.'' Issie replied, with a nervous tone. At first it seemed as though, she was not certain about tagging along.  She said goodbye to her family. They were blessed to have survived the Germans and the first Pillar Man sighting.  When their flight arrived in Italy; Issie and Joseph as well as the Joestar's substitute for a great - uncle, the teens were ready to go to a restaurant.

"This is delicious...  The ink is weird, but, at least the spaghetti is yummy.'' Joseph said as he began to chow down. "Muy bueno.''  Issie said, then repeating in English, that her linguine carbonarra was very good.  Joseph knew some Spanish; preferred to speak in English, as they talked. As they ate and talked, an Italian a table or so over, wooed some other girl or woman.

At first he did not look at Issie.  "Who does that mozzerella cheeseball think he is; acting like he is God's gift to women?''  Joseph wondered about the guy and his date.  "My name is Caesar Zepelli, and you are?''  The young man of twenty replied, after he gave a necklace to that girl or woman with an odd hairstyle.  "So, that's the Caesar Zepelli you were talking about!  He's nothing but a womanizer.''  Joseph said to Robert.

  A few minutes later, Joseph would send  Hamon - infused darts of pasta from his plate at Caesar. Evidently, the guys were not getting along.  Issie felt like it was the first day at a new school, or a new job.  She was not sure if she would fit in. But, being here was not about fitting in, it was about stopping anymore Pillar Men.

The guys also took their fight, outside of the bistro.  Caesar kissed some girl and then she shocked Joseph with Hamon. After the fight, he finally noticed Issie. "Where are you from, Signorina?  I noticed you are not like the others; as if you were an angel or a dream.''  Caesar's lips were on Issie's hand in an unexpected kiss on the hand.  "I am Issie Luisa Ramirez. From Mexico...  And I don't take kindly to Lotharios like you.'' The girl drew her hand back, from his kiss.

Joseph was astonished, as he expected Issie to eat up every word.  He had pegged her to be a hopeless romantic that fell for guys like the Zepelli.  He also wondered if Caesar's grandfather was similar, as he had heard a little about the legendary Hamon Coach of his grandfather Jonathan.  Perhaps William and Caesar were vastly different.  Yet, Joseph was not yet certain.

And yet, soon afterward, Issie reluctantly agreed to go out on one date.  They went to watch a concert during a farmers' market; Caesar acted a little less flirty, until the look of admiration emerged.  The girl somewhat blushed at him, although her first thought was to ignore his glances.  "Caesar, I only agreed; to find out more about you.''  Her civility was to be expected, as she still was wary of such guys.  Occasionally, there had been boys that behaved, like the Zeppeli in Issie's village. So, she knew enough about flirty guys to back away, when asked out by one. 

Caesar decided to wait until the date was almost over, to see if a kiss was a good idea.  "Did you have fun?'' He asked as he danced with her a little bit. "Yes, surprisingly...  But, I was just thinking about something.''  Issie stared at his lips, wondering about kissing him.  "What is it, Issie?  Mi Bella...''  Caesar Zeppeli was using another line on her, calling her his beauty or his beautiful; hoping some compliment would finally work.

"I don't know if I should continue. On this quest; I don't know Hamon, and that Speedwagon guy said he's contacting some former war hero. Some guy that fought in the Spanish - American War, and that old man's grandchildren.  Yeah, I heard Speedwagon talking to the English boy - Joseph - about sending in reinforcements.  The next Pillar Men must be tougher than Santana Sanviento! And, I heard the former American soldier studied Hamon from a William A. Zeppeli.  Um, who was William A.  Zeppeli?''  Issie's curiosity was as insatiable as a hungry kitten.

"I don't want to about him, but I will.  William, or rather the late Baron William Anthonio Zeppeli, was my grandfather.  I never met him, as he died long before my birth. I'd like you to stay.  But, if not, Jojo will reserve a flight out to Mexico for you.  Are you homesick?'' Again, love seemed to elude the Italian young man.  Somehow, he could rarely ever keep a steady girlfriend.  "No, not really, I thirst for adventure.  But, it would be nice to be in familiar surroundings, again.'' Issie simply replied to Caesar's question, nothing more and nothing less.