Edward remembers saving Bella like this before

Epov

I lay Bella on the bedding and place my knife into the fire. When I turned Bella had already undressed and covered herself up.

I take my hand cup the side of her face. "Are you sure about this Bella?" I ask her. "Yes I don't want no one else touching me Edward." I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I let go and take off my belt and put it her mouth. "Bite down!" She nods her head. I turn and pick up the knife and I am pulled into a vision.

=========== Vision ==========

"Edward I smell fresh blood!" Craigo told me. Just then Bella collapsed in my arms.

Christa waves her hand and puts up a tent just as I pick up Bella bridal style and carry her into the tent.

"Edward Bella really hasn't been sleeping or eating since she left you. Her wound has been red and been bleeding often." Athena told me.

I gently lay Bella down on the bedding. I take my hands and rip open her shirt and vest.

Her bandage was full of blood. I take off the bandage and notice the wound is just oozing blood.

I gently cupped the side of her face. "God Bella when you said you die for me you didn't have to mean it."

I quickly ran outside the tent. "I need wood for a fire. Christa I'm going to need your knife." I ordered.

"Here Edward, what are you going to do with it?" She asked me while handing me her knife.

"I need to stop Bella bleeding and in order to that I got to cauterize it." Christa gasp. I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I need your help Christa. I need you to go in there and well undress her completely then clean around her wound for me. Then cover her with a clean sheet. Then I'm going to need you to hold her down while I do this." She nods but not without tears falling out of her eyes.

Seth comes running back with wood and Craigo started the fire.

I dug in my pocket for my mirror. "Seth I need you to contact my dad for me and tell him where we are and not to say anything to the others. That he needs to bring medical supplies. Antibiotics, Iv, etc. He will know." He nods and takes the mirror in his hand.

I put the knife blade into the fire and wait for it to turn red.

Christa comes out of the tent. "She's  ready Edward." I simply just nod.

I have to admit I'm nervous as hell. "Edward he's on his way." Seth told me.

"Whatever you do Seth stay out here and wait for my dad. Your going to hear your sister scream." I explained to him.

"Do what you have to save my sister Edward." I nodded. I reached for the knife and walked inside the tent.

I made a small to keep the blade hot while Christa gets in position with Bella's head on her lap and she held down her shoulders.

I took off my belt and put it into  Bella's mouth so she have something to bite down on. I finally moved the sheet to uncover her wound. I took the knife into my hand.

"You ready?" I asked Christa as I placed the blade just inches from the wound. She nods.

I take a deep breath and let it out. I pressed down on the wound and Bella let's  out a bloodcurdling scream.

I gasped because I felt her pain. "Edward you alright?" Christa asked me.

"I will be once I'm done." It took me at least a half hour and I was done. I dropped the knife on the ground and buried my face into my hands.

====== End of vision =======

I did this before. I turned around and looked at Bella because I knew I loved her to.

This happen for a reason. I have to do this. I lift the blanket away from Bella's leg. Alright here goes.

I put the knife to her leg. She screamed out in pain and I felt her pain. Come on you can do this.

I finally finish up and wrap her leg up and cover it up. She passed out from pain a while ago.

I look at her hand and notice two rings on it. I look at mine and I have a matching one. Are we married? I reach up and brush some hair out of her face.

Anthea flys in and gives me a recorder.

"Edward this might help you. But know Bella doesn't feel that way anymore because of you. Everything happens for a reason. To lead us on the right path. For some reason all of Bella's fear's are playing out. Don't let her biggest fear win and that's losing you because all I can tell you she lost you twice my dear friend she can not handle losing you again because that will end her." With that she took off.

I turned on the recorder and played it.
"Well I guess you're wondering why I sent this. Well truth be told Bella I sent it before I left because I had a feeling you would need words of encouragement.
You told me never to say goodbye. Well I'm telling you never let go.
Here this song will explain it better. It's called Never let go by Bryan Adams."

Can you lay your life down, so a stranger can live?
Can you take what you need but take less than you give?
Could you close everyday without the glory and fame?
Could you hold your head high when no one knows your name?
That's how legends are made, at least that's what they say

We say goodbye but never let go
We live, we die 'cause you can't save every soul
Gotta take every chance to show that you're the kinda man
Who will never look back, never look down and never let go

Can you lose everything, you ever had planned?
Can you sit down again and play another hand?
Could you risk everything for the chance of being alone?
Under pressure find the grace or would you come undone?
That's how legends are made, at least that's what they say?

We say goodbye, but never let go

We live, we die 'cause you can't save every soul
Gotta take every chance to show that you're the kinda man
Who will never look back, never look down and never let go

Never let go, never let go, never let go
Gotta take every chance to show that you're the kinda man
Who will never look back, never look down and never let go

We say goodbye but never let go
We live, we die but you can't save every soul
Gotta take every chance to, show that you're the kinda man
Who will never look back, never look down and never let go

Will never look back, never look down and never let go
Never let go, never let go, never let go

"You willing gave me your heart to give me life. Bella you risk your life all the time. You're the strongest person I know. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't change who you are, just learn not to push people away that care about you most of all me. This isn't goodbye, this is just hello until next time. Keep your chin up beautiful. Take care and soon enough I will be back in your arms."

But then I heard Bella voice.

"Edward you must of found the recorder. That means something happen to me. Well the song you played goes for you too. You let go of what you believed in. If I didn't get the chance to tell you. I do love you. More than you'll ever know. I'm just afraid of you breaking my heart like others have."

"I was too scared to tell you any of this because of what you would think of me Edward. I think of myself as an ugly monster because of these scars I hide and who I become so I blocked everyone out and keep them away so I can't hurt them especially you Edward."

I fell to my knees as she played the song again. Tears fell from my eyes because it was her voice singing it. "Don't ever let go Edward!"

To be continued

I do not own all the characters in the story Stephanie Meyers.

I own the rest of the characters and the story.