Chapter 65: Rejoice

Virgil's POV

My heart was beating out of my chest, I was so terrified and intimidated by the idea of confronting Roman. I don't know why I was, I was just so scared. I mean, I'm the literal embodiment of anxiety, so I can understand that bit, but he's my boyfriend! Why am I so worried...?

I sat myself up from the bed and ran my fingers through my hair. "You okay?" Patton asked, noticing my distress. "O-Oh yeah...I-I'm fine...just worried, as usual." I chuckled.

"What's troubling you?" He asked softly. He gently put a hand on my shoulder. I stayed silent for a moment. "I just, I'm so nervous about talking to Roman again! I don't know why, I-I'm just..." I paused for a moment, desperately thinking of something to say.

"I mean, he basically fought those things off, he-he killed them, right?" I stuttered. "Yeah, he did." Patton mumbled. "I know you're nervous, but I don't know why, Virge. Roman cares deeply for you, that's why he did it in the first place. You have nothing to worry about, don't worry." He said, a reassuring smile on his face. "T-Thanks..." I muttered.

Knock Knock Knock...

"Patton? Is Virgil awake?" Logan asked, peeking around the door. "Oh thank goodness." "Yeah, did you wanna talk to him?" Patton asked. "Oh, I was just checking. Do you feel okay?" Logan asked.

"Oh, uh yeah, I feel fine. My arms are a little sore, but that's it." I said. "Oh, do you want some Advil or something along the lines of that?" He asked. "I-I'm fine, thank you, though." I mumbled. "Alright. Well, I'll be leaving now. Roman still has yet to wake up." Logan said, walking out of the door.

My heartbeat picked up once more. God, he's gonna be okay, he's gonna be okay. He'll be fine. God, please wake up soon...I laid down on my bed and buried myself in my blankets.

"Cold?" Patton asked. I nodded slightly. "Are you hungry? Thirsty? Need anymore blankets?" He asked, rushing the words out nervously. "I'm fine...thanks for the offer though." I said. "O-Okay...are you sure?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm sure." I mumbled.

Roman's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, trying to assess what was happening. "A-Are you awake?" Logan asked. I jumped up out of my seat, pain shooting through my body. I shot back down, a hand resting over my stomach.

"I apologize, did I startle you?" He asked, rushing over to my side. "Y-Yeah, I'm...fine." I said, sitting up slowly. "Do you feel alright? Do you want some pain medication?" He asked nervously. "T-That would be nice..." I mumbled.

He rushed out of the room and immediately rushed back in. He set a glass of water down next to me and handed me a pill. I popped the pill in my mouth and washed it down with water. I immediately felt slightly better.

"I-Is Virgil okay? W-Where is he?!" I asked frantically. "Don't worry. He's fine. I can assure you." He said. "C-Can I talk to him?" I asked. "Soon. He's panicking a fair amount, but he's just re-grasping the current situation." He muttered.

"God, he's probably so scared..." I mumbled. "Do you want me to tell Patton you're awake?" He asked. "He's greatly worried." "Of course." I said.

He swiftly exited the room and came back with Patton. "Thank goodness you're okay..." He mumbled, throwing his arms around me and embracing me in a tight hug. "That was a very brave thing you did, but please don't do it again..." "I'll try not to, but if anyone harms any of you guys, I won't be able to hold back." I said with a chuckle. "Virgil will be in in a moment, he's a bit panicked." Patton said.

I gave him a small nod and he swiftly exited the room. I ran my fingers through my hair. My heartbeat picked up and my breathing started to hitch. I soon re-grasped the situation and started to calm down.

"I'm sending Virgil in, okay?" Patton peeked around the door. "He really wants to talk to you..." God, he's probably going to break up with me because I'm too risky or that I'm just not the one for him, isn't he? "O-Okay..." I mumbled.

"Send him in."

hey

so

it's short?

um

sorry?

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

i don't have an excuse besides eating dinner

and i'm working on the next chapter.

don't worry

this book is almost over ;-;

i'm really sad about that, honestly.

it's amazing.

all this support.

i've never had such amazing people.

wow.

well

imma go now

c'ya

i'm running out of cute creatures hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh--