Night on Goblin Mountain

Brie's P.O.V.

The night was peaceful. There was only soft sounds of the rivers babbling and the crisp autumn air blowing. The three of us fell asleep so fast, it was unreal. The next morning, we were shaken awake by Balin.

"Young ones. Wake up. Come on now." Balin whispered.

With groans, we awoke and started sitting up.

I yawned, "Balin...? What's up? Is everything ok?"

"We're getting ready to leave. Pack your thing and get dressed. We have a long road ahead." Balin explained.

Kait raised an eyebrow, "So early? Why?"

"We haven't time for it. Hurry or you'll be left behind." he said.

He left the room and soon the three of us were packing our belongings. Kate noticed new pairs of traveling clothes, which we could only assume came from the elves, and our old clothes all patched up. We put on the outfits the elves gave us and ran outside to meet with the company. My outfit consisted of a white long sleeved shirt, a gray cloak vest with a hood, black boots, and long brown pants. Kate's outfit was a elbow length shirt, a red corset like vest with ragged ends that came down to her knees, black leggings, brown knee-high boots, and a grey cloak. And finally, Kaitlin had an off white long sleeve shirt, a long blue jacket, big black billowy pants, and black boots. We rushed down the stairs to meet the Company at the back exit of Rivendell. We arrived and saw that Ciel, Sebastian, and the rest of team Phantomhive (what me and the girls call the rest of the cast of Black Butler) was there conversing with Thorin and Dwalin. They looked at us.

Kate panted, "H... Hey. What's uh... what's going on here?"

"These lot want to join our quest. They seem to have some good qualifications for this job. I'm just conversing with Thorin to see if they should come." Dwalin explained.

Thorin glared at us for some reason. But his eyes were fixed on Kait.

I nudged Kait, "Hey, what happened last night when you disappeared?"

"Nothing. I was just home sick is all..." Kait replied, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

Obviously, something did happen. She just didn't want to tell us. But I respected her and didn't push further. Soon Thorin gave his approval for The Phantomhive Gang to join us and soon we were on the road again. The sun was barely shining over the mountains as we pushed forward.

Thorin turned to us, "Be on your guard; we're about to step over the edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths; lead on."

"Aye." Balin replied moving to the front of the group.

We continued up the path and the sun finally shown through to Rivendell below. Bilbo turned around and looked back at Rivendell, longingly.

Kait saw this and patted him on the back, "Hey, you ok Bilbo?"

Bilbo nodded sadly.

"Master Baggins, I suggest you keep up." Thorin called out.

Kait yelled back, "Be just a moment!"

Thorin scoffed and walked ahead. Bilbo was finally done staring and we went along our merry way. We crossed bare mountains, plains, spars forests. Along the way, Ciel walked beside us and started asking questions.

"So, where are you three from? You look for too big to be Mister Baggin's kind." Ciel inquired.

Kate stepped forward, "We came from an orphanage in the West. Not too far from the Shire."