Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I arrived at the hospital in about 10 minutes flat, which is a new record but I'm not proud of it.

The lady sat at her desk smiling as she typed things on her typewriter.

"Um, can you help me?"

She smiled.

"What do you need?"

I took in a deep breath. Do I really want to do this?

"Do you have anyone in the files named David Hoffman?"

"I'm sorry ma'am we aren't aloud to give out personal information about any patients."

"He is my brother. I need his file."

She then nodded immediately.

"One second."

She got off the chair swiftly and went behind closed doors.

"Amelia?"

Behind me sat Davy Jones.

"Ah yes Davy. How are you?"

"I'm good. My wife is giving birth so I have to stay down here." He laughed a little at the end.

"I heard you moved back to England with Paul. That really stinks, I just got asked to do a new show and they could use extras like you or maybe even you could get a job on the set. It's going to be about a band like the Beatles. Producers saw Hard Days Night and they decided to make a tv show like it."

My eyes lit up.

"I'd love too. When do you start filming?"

"Next June. I'll keep in touch, maybe I can get you a job. They'd be lucky to have someone like you." He winked dramatically at me.

A nurse came frantically running toward Davy.

"We need you." The nurse growled.

Davy waved goodbye and with Davy in her trail the nurse ran off.

"Here you go ma'am." The nurse handed me his file. On the front it said David Hoffman.

"1235 Pleasant Drive." I whispered.

"Thank you." I gave her the file back and ran out. Hopefully he would be there.

I was driving for a good hour, until I finally reached a tiny little house snuggled in the hills.

"This is it." I mumbled as I pulled the keys out of the car.

My heels clacked every time I hit the road, causing me to be frightful that David might hear me approaching.

I decided to try opening the door which to my luck was open.

In front of my eyes was a living room, a small cute one that looked the time period. It was a little cluttered, papers on the floor with scribbles and maps with large dots on certain places. It looked like it had been vacant for a while. To my left and right were two small rooms. One was the kitchen and the other was a bedroom. I guessed that there was a mini bathroom.

My brain didn't control me any more. My feet took me to the coffee table and my hands grabbed all the papers on his table. I ran off.

In a few minutes I found a place to park my car so I could review the papers.

Mostly, the papers were magazines and letters to his sister who he addressed as S.

One letter stated this.

"S,

I'm sorry for what is about to happen. I knew you were going to report me soon and if you did well, I would go to Jail. I'm not ready for that. Sorry love.

-David Hoffman"

I stared at the papers puzzled. Then it hit me.

*3 years ago*

"I lived in Liverpool for a while." Susan started sipping on coffee.

"Really? I thought you lived in America for your whole life?"

"I lived in Liverpool from 1957 to 1958 with my family. Our paths probably crossed once or twice."

I giggled.

"Probably. What's your last name again?"

"Hoff- Hofftork."

"Ah that's a very interesting name." I lightly chuckled.

They're was something suspicious in the way she said her name. I think she was lying.

*present time*

"That's it. That's her brother. This all makes sense now."

I slammed my hands on the steering wheel as I let out a loud angry scream.

"I'm done with this." I turned the car on and in seconds I was off towards home.

A/N

Sorry for not posting in so long and the short chapter!!

I'm going to try to end this whole David thing and focus more on Paul and Amelia

Comment if you want me to keep the DH thingy!!