Prologue

My father was the Alpha of the Black Crescent pack, a small yet powerful and well-known pack, and my mother of course, was Luna. I was an only child, although my life was not something my parents were proud of.
There was an attack on our pack when my father had first become Alpha. With the recent change in leadership, a clan of vampires thought that the pack would be weak enough to destroy entirely. Luckily, that was not the case. However, they managed to do extensive damage such as murder many men, plunder the pack homes, and rape as many women as they could. My mother was one of them. I was conceived on that horrible night. Apparently, I was the pride and joy of the pack during the pregnancy. There was going to be someone to take the place of my father when the time came. The pack was confident that I was going to be a wonderful leader and my parents were overjoyed. My parents were oblivious to the idea that I was the offspring of a vampire, hybrids were unheard of. It wasn't until I was born that my secret was known. Just by looking at my violet tinged eyes with brilliant red flecks it was obvious what I was. The first known vampire-wolf hybrid. My parents, as well as my pack, were shocked. They soon learned to despise me. I was an abomination in their eyes. There was no way a Hybrid, especially a vampire Hybrid, was going to become Alpha. I became the omega, though most refused to even consider me that. I was the maid, the punching bag, the plaything of the pack. They could hardly wait until my eighteenth birthday to cast me from their pack and never have to deal with me again. I couldn't wait either. I was ready to be free, even if it meant that I had to become rogue.