Trespasser

I've been running for about half an hour I guess. The shift was very painful, but now it feels normal. The feeling of the breeze running through my fur and my paws pounding on the ground with every step is something you have to experience to truly appreciate. I noticed early on that my senses of sight, smell, and hearing are incredible. I can smell the pine needles that litter the forest floor. I can see the squirrels hopping from tree to tree. I can hear water rushing in the distance. Water. Come to think of it, I'm pretty thirsty. I shift my course towards the water. After a few minutes of walking I feel a strange shift in the air, it's almost heavy. There could be a storm coming. I make it to a stream gently flowing through the forest. I lean down to drop the duffle bag from around my neck and go to take a drink. I'm amazed by what I see. In the reflection of the water I see a black wolf with hints of blue, purple, and green in the fur. It reminds me of oil on the pavement. Staring back are violet shining eyes. This is my wolf. My wolf is gorgeous.
"You're right", I hear.
I jump back from the stream and look around. I don't see anyone.
"I'm your wolf. We can communicate now!", the voice says.
My wolf? I can hear my wolf!
"And I can hear everything you're thinking. Just direct your thoughts towards me. It'll make it feel like we're actually having a conversation.", my wolf says.
"Okay...", I think hesitantly, "what's your name?"
"Aspen. All wolves names start with the same letter as their human counterparts. Pretty cool, huh? And just to let you know, we've moved into another territory. That's the shift in the air you felt. We may want to get out-"
"Don't move!", someone shouts.
I look up and see that I'm surrounded by men with guns.
"Shift.", a man says sternly.
Shift? I've already shifted, can't he see that?! This is bad, I'm free for an hour and now I'm captured again. Maybe they'll just shoot me.
I stand there frozen, staring at the man who just told me to shift. His blue eyes glaze over for a split minute and then he tells the others to take me to the dungeon. One grabs my duffle bags and the rest nudge me with their guns, telling me to walk forward. I follow the man with the blue eyes until we finally make it to a brick entry way. A man standing at the door moves over and I continue following down a dark stairway. We make it to a long hallway lined with barred cells. Each one has someone, or something, in it. I receive sympathetic looks from other wolves who are trapped in the cells. What is this place? We finally make it to an empty cell at the end of the hallway. Two guards are waiting there for me.
"Put her in the cell and give her a ration of food and fill the bowl with water. She is severely malnourished and she needs her strength for when Elias comes.", he says.
With that, he turns and leaves. I don't put up a fight, I just walk into the cell and sit in the corner. I don't want to risk anything. They lock the cell doors and walk down a perpendicular hallway. Elias? Could he mean Elias Rose?
"We must've crossed into his territory", Aspen says.
"Will told me to stay away from the Blood Moon pack. He said they torture rouges. That's what's going to happen to us! I can't go through this again, we've got to get out of here!", I think.
"Just stay calm and I'll find a way to get us out of here", she replies.
The guards return, one is carrying a bowl of water and the other has a small bowl of some kind of stew. They set the bowls down in my cell, lock the door, and return to their post.
"Let's eat!", Aspen exclaims.
I walk over to the bowls and begin to savor what could be my last meal.