Chapter 4 - The tower of cryptic

finally updated! Sorry for the delay. I was finishing school up and was doing finals. Sorry guys. Here's the update. Vote and comment :) I'd appreciate it. Let me know what you think. 

____________________________________________________

Chapter 4 – The tower of cryptic

Genevieve was feeling slightly better that night. It was as if she wasn’t even in an accident at all. She walked out of the nurses office with an outfit that was given to her. It was a long silk black dress with matching shoes. She wasn’t sure what was to come that night, and what news she would learn, she however did know that tonight would be of some significance. Misses Donovan was spoken of as if she knew everything and anything that was going on.

Genevieve needed to speak to her.

She walked down the long spacious hallway and into the lobby where she saw Blaze waiting for her. He smiled slightly before bowing in his all black suit. “You look great.”

“Yeah, for a girl that just came out of the nurses office half way near dead.”

He chuckled. “Well you clean up nice.” He paused to allow the smile on his face to fade. Again, he was flirting, being way too nice to Gene when he had a girlfriend. He stood up straight allowing his friendliness to falter.

You have a girlfriend He thought. Stop being so nice.

Gene picked up on his tension. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, um, lets go, we have to get upstairs.” He avoided her gaze as he walked across the large lobby. The lobby was amazing. The ceilings were above them at least 30 ft above them; it was circular with angels painted across it. Each angel had wings and a violin as if they were making music across the sky. Gene gazed up at it in awe almost tripping as she followed Blaze.

Finally they made it to the elevators, Blaze quickly pressed the button refusing to make any more small talk. Yes, he could be friends with Gene, but for some odd reason every time he spoke to her, he wanted something more. It was as if he felt this magnetic attraction.

But he had to fight it. He had a girlfriend,

The elevator ride was silent. Gene couldn’t help but glance at him and wonder why he was so quiet and distant. She was used to him talking to her. As the elevator dinged signaling they reached their stop she stopped in front of the door not allowing him to pass her.

“What’s up with you?” She questioned.

He stared past her. “Nothing. Now, move.”

“You’re acting really weird. Why?”

He shrugged. “It’s been a long day.”

“You’re lying.”

“I’m not.” He sighed. “Now move. The dinner is about to start.”

And, so she did. She moved. She turned around only for the oxygen in her lungs to give out. She gasped staring at a visible dining hall in front of her. There were rows and rows of seats in front of round tables. The floors were marble and the walls were a copper color. Everywhere she looked were statues and large vases with flowers. Everything looked high class and extremely expensive.

She sat at a table only to see the entire room fill up with people dressed up just like she was. Blaze sat beside her as his friends met him at the table and sat down as well. There was a thick silence, almost an awkward one as Angela sat next to Blaze with a smile. She leaned over and gave Blaze a big kiss on the lips. Gene’s stomach turned as she stared at Blaze. She wasn’t sure how to feel or what to even do, but she now knew why Blaze was acting so strange. It made sense. He had a girlfriend and he realized that his flirting was inappropriate. What was even more inappropriate was that she actually liked it. She didn’t mind him flirting and she actually liked him, not more than a friend just yet but she considered him someone she could get close to.