Joke #7 Uh oh

Two guys were walking down a road when they come across a deep hole beside it. Being curious, they went over and checked it out. When they looked down, they were surprised to find they couldn't see the bottom. So they dropped a couple of rocks down the hole and listened... Nothing. One of them said, "Man, that's a deep hole!"

Thinking they might hear something larger hit the bottom, they found a big, old cinder block and pitched it over the side. They paused and listened intently... They heard a sound, but it was coming from behind them! They quickly turned around to see a goat bearing down on them with it head lowered, flying along, its feet barely touching the ground because it was moving so fast!

The two men dove out of its way just in time and the goat plunged past them, into the seemingly bottomless hole, to its doom. The two looked at each other and said, "Boy that was close! We'd better get away from this thing before we end up with the goat!".

So they continued on their way down the road until they happened across this farmer working near it. The men again put their heads together and figured that the goat belonged to the farmer and then decided to tell him what happened.

"Hey Mr. Farmer. Do you happen to own a goat?", one of the men asked.

The farmer replied, "Yeah, why do you ask?"

The men then told what happened at the hole and how they narrowly avoided death in the hole from the speeding goat.

The farmer said, "Well boys, I don't think that was my goat. You see, my goat is really old and crippled up with arthritis. There is no way he could have been moving that fast. Besides, I have him tied to a big, old cinder block."