Chapter Thirteen- Impossible

It's not possible. It's not possible. It's not possible! God isn't real. Neither are angels or aliens. It's irrational, it's illogical, it's...

Sherlock took a deep, shuddering breath. He was slightly embarrassed at running away, but he'd needed space. Some time to think, to mull things over. To come to grips with reality. Sherlock laughed. Reality? He didn't even know what reality was anymore.

He was hiding in some kind of basement. There was dust everywhere. He was shivering, eyes closed as he tried to find solace in his mind palace.

"Sherlock?" John's voice cut through his babbling thoughts. "Sherlock, are you in here?" Sherlock didn't move, stifling his breathing. He wasn't ready. Not yet. He just needed some more time to-

"Sherlock!" John spotted him, looking worried. Sherlock realised how pitiful he must look, curled in the corner, hiding. But he didn't care.

John cautiously edged towards Sherlock, not wanting to upset him. He'd never seen Sherlock like this before. He was bone white and trembling, blue eyes wide and filled with terror. John couldn't understand why Sherlock was so shaken. Sure, it was a lot to take in, but it didn't seem like it should elicit this kind of response.

"Sherlock," he said softly. "Come out of the corner." Sherlock stirred slightly, raising his head to look at John. His eyes were unfocused.

"John?" John turned to see Sam standing in the doorway. "How is he?"

"I don't get it. Surely he shouldn't be effected this much," John answered. Sam looked contemplative, then approached Sherlock, crouching before him.

"You've seen all this before, haven't you?" he asked. Sherlock looked up, then nodded slowly.

"My sister..." he whispered. "Her eyes... pure black..." He shuddered, and Sam smiled sadly.

"What happened?" he asked gently.

"I... She..." Sherlock closed his eyes, and Sam held out his hand.

"Why don't you tell me all about it?" he said gently. Sherlock nodded, and took his hand.

A/N: haha! Plot twist (not really). Also, 50 reads! I know that's not a lot for some people, but that's epic for me! Please vote, comment etc. Love you guys xxx