Chapter 3: Giselle's Predicament

I hope you liked my last chapter!! Again, thanks for all the support and new follows. Here's Chapter 3!! 

   The exquisite palace in which the Moreau family resided in was located at the heart of the island surrounded by the most expensive shops and boutiques. There was a park across the street from it, mostly used for courting couples to take walks and for the high society ladies to gossip in. Giselle's kind were not allowed in, as you may be able to imagine. You needed a card with your name and address on it to see inside. Everything was beautiful in that part of the city, though it was almost completely abandoned at night, as the wealthy had no reason to be out late in the dark.

   Giselle snuck into the back kitchen of the Leader's mansion through an open window. It was very difficult to get inside, especially with her arm's condition, but the only place without anyone guarding it. However, this was just the beginning of her mission. The kitchen was large, but abandoned, as the cooks went home after dark and the housemaids had a bedroom in the basement. It had just occurred to Giselle that she had never seen where the Harria Stone was kept. Even though the girl's family had been in power for a long time before, there were many rooms where she was never allowed to go into. Also, the Moreau's had done some large renovations since the Argall's moved out. She decided not to let this fact faze her, and kept moving through the house.

   Giselle ran through a hallway for a few minutes, then came at the stairwell, a guard was blocking it. Thankfully, he had not seen the girl yet. However, she knew of a back stairway that most likely would not be guarded. She snuck back down the passage to close where she had entered from. It may have been built over, but it was worth a try to look for it.

   As she neared closer to the kitchen, she saw a brown door that looked like one for a broom closet, it was the one she had been looking for. She slowly opened it, as she remembered it creaked loudly, and a musty scent filled the air around her. Giselle carefully crept along the stairway, turned the corner, and suddenly faced a servant girl.

   The girl screamed at the sight of her, and Giselle was not sure if it was because of her face, or her presence. She concluded that it was both.

   Footsteps thundered down the hallway, and Giselle frankly did not know what to do in this moment. If she had already found the stone, she could have used its luck to escape, but she had not. She was terrified, as she had already been caught twice, but had escaped before her execution date. You see, all of the Argall's were sentenced to be executed, just because of Bianca's "crimes." It horrifies, doesn't it? Even little Arabella, only just a baby at the time, was to be killed. I am sure that Bianca would have never joined the revolution if she had only known the costs it would have for her family.

   The guard grabbed Giselle, "What happened here, miss?"

   The servant was silent. Giselle turned her head from facing the girl to the guard. "Well if you will not speak..." He looked towards Giselle. "Wait! You are the one! You are an Argall!" He seethed. "We are going to do away with you, scum," He growled the last word.

   Giselle, obviously not accepting the fate of her death so easily, tried feebly to duck under the guard's arm, which holding onto the wall, blocking her path. He kicked her in the side. 

   Oh, you think that I am going to kill you now, do you? No. I am going to turn you in and then collect the reward money that is on your head first. Then I will leave the government to do whatever they want with you." He yanked Giselle's broken arm. She cried out sharply in pain, he grinned viciously. Now of course this treatment was very cruel, but Giselle was a criminal in the eyes of the law. Not just because of her being an Argall, remember, she has stolen and killed before.