Chapter 4: Giselle's Friend

Hey again! I just want to say another time how I've just gotten so many new followers and reads just in the last day!! It's so hard for me to comprehend all of the support that I've gotten from you guys. Thank you all so much!! So here's Chapter 4!! 

   Giselle awoke inside a quaint, wooden room on the second story of a building. There was a window beside the edge of her bed, and the girl could barely look out at the street below her through the black curtains. Suddenly she remembered what had happened.

   "Good evening, Miss," A tall girl about Giselle's age with curly, shoulder length blond hair, pale skin, and brown eyes looked at her. "If you are trying to look outside, there isn't much to see," she giggled.

   "Where am I? I'm sorry, I, I need to get back. They'll be worried about me, I haven't come back! They must be starving!" Giselle stammered. She was likely worrying about her siblings.

   "Woah there! Easy Miss, you have only been here for a couple days. I am sure they are fine, whoever they are. You have only just recovered." Said the girl.

   Giselle contemplated this, it didn't sound right. It could not have only been two days, as she felt fine, and had barely any pain in her arm. There was only one kind of people capable of doing this. "Wait!" She said. "It's you! You're a witch! You killed the guards." Giselle was wide-eyed in fright.

   "No! Please, you must not tell! My mother and I will be executed! You cannot do that!" The girl pleaded.

   Witches and Wizards did exist in Giselle's time. They were said to be descended from Mahaan, the man who created The World. Back in those days, humans had magnificent powers, but some of them used their powers for evil. The Father then decided to take those powers away to end the warring and fighting that was going on. However, Mahaan was allowed to keep his. He married and had twelve children. Those children were the first Wizards. 

   Almost all of them lived in Ja'ad, a long island in the center of The World, diagonally north of Allegoria, though there were some living in other places. However, in the early 1000's, some decided to ally with the Moni, and that was the reason The Allegorian Fire started. The Wizards were the ones who lit the blaze. Many of the citizens and the current Leader were killed, and all of their ancient history was lost. In the aftermath, the Wizards remaining in the city were exiled to Ja'ad, any found later on were killed, a law that stood until Giselle's day.

   You see, the situation with the Witches and Wizards was a thin tightrope to be balancing on. The Leader was trying to prevent future conflicts by exiling all of them. This was good for ones that could cause future disturbances, however, there were many that had done nothing wrong. So then how can you know who is good and who is bad? I know that it is a very complicated question that one could write many essays on, but I have a simple answer. Make sure they wear identification that allows the Enforcers to see if they have come with consent, have neighbors report any odd findings to them, or you might limit some of the spells they can use legally, even taking away their wands. Now you must not think me prejudiced, the Witches can be very nice people, but some are also killers. Taking these measures instead of banishing the whole race would have stopped a lot of problems from happening.

   Giselle held her hands in the air, "Don't worry, I will not tell."

   The Witch breathed a sigh of relief. "I am Nirvana Pembroke. No need to introduce yourself to me though, everyone knows who you are." Giselle's face fell at the last sentence.

   "I am sorry Miss, I didn't mean anything by it," Nirvana sighed.

   "Do not worry, it's fine, you may call me Giselle. Also, Pembroke isn't your actual last name, is it?" The girl questioned.