The Finale

Chapter 8:

We wake up the next morning to a loud voice. We come out of the cave to listen. "Congratulations, you have made it to the final two, good luck and May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor". A tear starts rolling down my cheek, I can't do it, I can't kill Deylia, we're allies, friends. I look over to Deylia and see she has tears in her eyes too. We run towards each other and hug. Deylia pulls away, she puts her hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes. "You do it, you kill me" she says, I shake my head "I can't". "Yes you can, you can do this, you deserve to live". "No I don't, I can't do it, we're friends" I say. She hugs me again, when an idea pops into my head. I whisper it into Deylia's ear. We walk back to the cornucopia and we look inside. I see there're some left over weapons inside. I grab two swords and hand one to Deylia. We walk away from each other until we are 10 meters apart. We run full pace at each other, with our swords held out, so when we reach each other we both get stabbed. When we're just about to hit each other when someone on the loud speaker yells "STOP! STOP! STOP!". We jump to the side and throw the swords on the ground. "Ladies and gentlemen, the victors of the 63rd annual hunger games, from district one, Deylia Rose and from district nine, Kaley Rose". We can't believe it, we did it, we won! We hug each other until the hovercraft comes.